Traction Control/wastegate switching on/off

Cozcorners

Hi.

Have a link thunder and supra jza80.

1). Ive connected the 4 speed/abs sensors to the correct aux channels but want to install a simple on/off toggle switch to disable it on the fly and for when needing to do a warm up burnout etc.

Can someone tell me how i would go about wiring a switch like that please? And if a on/off  toggle switch is ok to use, or do i need a momentary switch?(someone said a momentary must be used so need to double check?).

2). Kind of same deal with wastegate solenoid.

Ive got a 3 port , 2 wire mac solenoid, one wire powers the solenoid via ign +12v, the other wire (earth) goes to the aux channel at the ecu.

Can i put a simple 2 pole on/off toggle switch in series with the earth wire that goes from solenoid to ecu aux channel??? And again, toggle ok or momentary switch a must?

Thank you.

Danny

1) Just a thought, but may want to check how many teeth are on the abs reluctor rings.  If there is more than about 12 teeth, you will run into issues as the frequency will get to high for the ecu.  Also those abs sensors are standard reluctor mag sensors and need to be fed to DI channels, not aux.

As for the switch see the images I have below.  Can be momentary or toggle but must be configured as such. Easiest way is to wire in a switch with one wire to ground and the other to a DI channel.

2) Same thing, switch with one lead to DI and other to ground.  Instead of breaking the signal to the solenoid I would have the switch change a boost table.  Toggle is a must on this one.

traction disable.jpg

traction disable2.jpg

1) Just a thought, but may want to check how many teeth are on the abs reluctor rings.  If there is more than about 12 teeth, you will run into issues as the frequency will get to high for the ecu.  Also those abs sensors are standard reluctor mag sensors and need to be fed to DI channels, not aux.

As for the switch see the images I have below.  Can be momentary or toggle but must be configured as such. Easiest way is to wire in a switch with one wire to ground and the other to a DI channel.

2) Same thing, switch with one lead to DI and other to ground.  Instead of breaking the signal to the solenoid I would have the switch change a boost table.  Toggle is a must on this one.

traction disable.jpg

traction disable2.jpg

thank you for the reply, great help.

Btw, sorry... i meant my abs sensors are connected to Di channels d11,12,13,14 and those channels on the thunder have a high frequenzy (i forget high high but like 5000/6000hz)?. So im hoping thats enough?

Any reason why some things work with toggle and not momentary ad vice versa? So i know for future installations?

Thank you again.

Btw, sorry... i meant my abs sensors are connected to Di channels d11,12,13,14 and those channels on the thunder have a high frequenzy (i forget high high but like 5000/6000hz)?. So im hoping thats enough?

Yes the Thunder DI's were designed specifically to take ABS speed sensor type inputs so you will well and truly be fine. 

Any reason why some things work with toggle and not momentary ad vice versa? So i know for future installations?

The momentary and toggle settings are mostly just user preference or to allow you to take advantage of some existing switch/button that is already in the car/dashboard/steering wheel/etc.

The Toggle setting is used where you have a switch that has two distinct positions, in this case the switch takes care of "latching".  The momentary setting is for when you have a spring loaded button/switch that returns to the off position by itself, with this setting the firmware takes care of the latching (i.e one press of on, another press for off)

Most functions you can use either type of switch/setting, the exception is Cruise control which only works with momentary switches at present.  I believe it is intended to make the cruise switch type more configurable soon.

P.S. do i just use normal chassis ground or do i use the ecu's sensor ground?

Either is fine for a DI switch. 

Ok. 

Looked through the software to set it up and came up with one issue.

The traction control was easy, select the DI and in the select table i selected "traction control switch disable" and then setup the pull up resistor and on level per this threads recommendation.

With the boost control, im a little lost.

Select a DI channel, go to the table to select "something to switch off boost solenoid" but i cant see anything like that! There is a "stop switch" but i dont think thats it? What do i pick in the selectable channel so the ecu knows that the switch connected to my DI channel should switch boost solenoid off?

Thanks.