Flames on decel.

RH9 GTR

Hello.

I am using a G4+ plugin platform. Can i get flames on decel or high rpm throttle lift off  using over run fuel cut ?

Is there any other way to achieve it ? I have read the help file, before applying it   just wanted to have your opinion.

Thanks. 

Go for a drive with your laptop connected.  Turn on snake trails and watch your fuel table during a high speed lift off, take a note of the cells in the table that the snake trail moves through.  Most likely it will be the very top right cornier like I have highlighted below.  Put much larger numbers in these cells.  You will probably get more effect if you also remove about 20deg of timing from the ignition table in the same area.  Be prepared for a big hit in fuel economy after this change.

zngdJqx.png

Edited by Adamw

I got it exactly !! Adam why are you using MGP instead of MAP ? any specific reason ?

I dont even know what that fuel table was from - it was just whatever map I had open at the time.

Our general recommendation is to use MGP as a load axis rather than MAP.  The reason is MGP compensates for changes in barometric pressure (or altitude) better.

• 4 years later...
On 6/25/2017 at 3:43 AM, Adamw said:

Go for a drive with your laptop connected.  Turn on snake trails and watch your fuel table during a high speed lift off, take a note of the cells in the table that the snake trail moves through.  Most likely it will be the very top right cornier like I have highlighted below.  Put much larger numbers in these cells.  You will probably get more effect if you also remove about 20deg of timing from the ignition table in the same area.  Be prepared for a big hit in fuel economy after this change.

http://i.imgur.com/zngdJqx.png

When you say high numbers, how high we talking? I have it set to 102 on my 1uz and -20 deg timing and I'm still getting nothing lol

Create Virtual Aux 1.
Add the conditions where only Your overrun CUT might be. You can select 3 parameters which can control VA1.

Create GP LIMIT 1.
In the GP LIMIT 1 Table Use X axis as VA1. Values 0,1,2. On Y Axis In my example use RPM. But RPM also is in VA1, so duplicating values.

Idea of working.

When You are off the throttle only in overrun vaccum area VA1 becomes active. State 2. State 1 and 0 is when VA1 is off.
In that area GP LIMIT1 works as RPM limiting. On vaccuum in certain area You will get Ignition cuts.
Those cuts will add more fuel to the exhaust which will burn and pops will apear.
In the main fuel table add more fuel in overrun area.
In the main ignition table retard the timing in the overrun are.

So now You migth have in the overrun are: Ignition retard, ignition cut, extra fuel.

I've never done this way, but theoretically it migth work.
On GP LIMIT parameters play with Start Cut and End Cut values.

Do it on Your own risk, I'm not responsible for the consequences You might get over this.

image.png.6aec79f6c3c9dc787ce894a3f12e63f7.png

25 minutes ago, mldc said:

Create Virtual Aux 1.
Add the conditions where only Your overrun CUT might be. You can select 3 parameters which can control VA1.

Create GP LIMIT 1.
In the GP LIMIT 1 Table Use X axis as VA1. Values 0,1,2. On Y Axis In my example use RPM. But RPM also is in VA1, so duplicating values.

Idea of working.

When You are off the throttle only in overrun vaccum area VA1 becomes active. State 2. State 1 and 0 is when VA1 is off.
In that area GP LIMIT1 works as RPM limiting. On vaccuum in certain area You will get Ignition cuts.
Those cuts will add more fuel to the exhaust which will burn and pops will apear.
In the main fuel table add more fuel in overrun area.
In the main ignition table retard the timing in the overrun are.

So now You migth have in the overrun are: Ignition retard, ignition cut, extra fuel.

I've never done this way, but theoretically it migth work.
On GP LIMIT parameters play with Start Cut and End Cut values.

Do it on Your own risk, I'm not responsible for the consequences You might get over this.

image.png.6aec79f6c3c9dc787ce894a3f12e63f7.png

You might as well just turn on AntiLag to accomplish the same thing without having to sacrifice a GP RPM Limit.