Digital Input State Via CAN

Talkwrench

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hi @Adamw, sorry to trouble you again. I have a total of 5 EGT. 4 for the cylinders and 1 for the downpipe. Can you please add another 1 EGT for my display to read please? the files that you provide only support upto 4 EGT.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I am trying to add some of the limited data the mini link r53 receives over the can bus to my Aim dash as well. I am trying to brodcast Can di5 and a few others but I cannot figure out how to tell the race studio 3 software to add that data to the ecu stream. I think I figured it out on the g4 side as I opened a exisiting stream that transmits to dash and added frames containing the Can DI5 among others. But I think I need to add that to the ecu file on race studio side and no idea how to edit the ecu list parameters. It says 47/47 channels active of 120.  I am sure Adam can add it for me but want to figure out how it works too. I wish the blinker info was known and sent to the g4 so that i could send it to the aim dash. But I know the ike is the main brain and I have worked with people with Can sniffers for byte bit info for blinkers but cant find the info Headlight Brights is another I am looking for.  So confusing. I dont think even if I knew that info it could be passed threw the G4 to the dash rather I think it would have to go over the can 2 stream on dash. 

You need to write a custom CAN template using the CAN protocol builder in RS3 (arrow icon below).  At the ecu end I usually still broadcast the standard "MXS" stream since that covers 95% of what you need, then I just add a second user stream with any extra data that you want to send.  At the dash end you can set up your CAN template to receive both messages from the ecu.  

RdYU85V.png

Attached is one I have done that you can modify to match what you want to send.  If you open it up and scroll to the bottom you will see I have added "Launch limit" and "launch sw" on a 2nd ID (0x44C = 1100dec at the ecu end).

LINK_IGMAB2 Custom_@20220617_010209_005994.xc1

I was wanting to use Can DI 5 Status to turn the head light led on on the aim dash as thats what triggers the  Can Di 5 status on the link Mini

I think its Can Dig 5 status for headlight and 4 is for dsc 2 or 3 seatbelt etc but I just wanted the headlight one. Link g4+ Mini drop in.   You did Can Dig 2 status on page one for 1320 mini

adam.jpg

I just Hijacked a known variable on the link side that matched up with the Link Can full on Races studio side and made sure both where broadcasted over the same frame as some where different from Aim to Generic dash meaning the order its sent and expected to receive. This all could have been avoided had both parties build the Pre config xc1 with all features that it had so people didn't have to either use what they gave or get boned and do it all from scratch.  Not being able to edit the pre-configed streams on both products is stupid if your not gonna provide pre config with every damn sensor status or toggle not just whats popular. 

22 hours ago, Akumazeto said:

This all could have been avoided had both parties build the Pre config xc1 with all features that it had so people didn't have to either use what they gave or get boned and do it all from scratch.  

Well you specifically said in your first post that you wanted to figure out how you do it yourself, so rather than do it for you I gave you instructions of the process.  

There is a finite limit to how much data you can send on the bus so you cant just "send evertything", there are something like 1200 different channels that can be sent in G4+.   

22 hours ago, Akumazeto said:

Not being able to edit the pre-configed streams on both products is stupid

There is a user configurable copy of the generic dash stream for the ecu in the PC Link CAN folder and I gave you the user configurable .xc1 for the dash in my first reply.