Subaru EJ257 E-Throttle control calibration on Extreme Black

ST-Autosport

Hi

i have a problem calibrating an E-Throttle on a 2006 STI with a custom wired Extreme Black ecu.

i managed to do the pedal calibration, but when i try the e-throtle itself it gives a fault stating "max 80% DC".

in the "ON-Setup Mode" i can move the throttle between 5.8 and 100%, but in the automatic calibration is gives the fault of max 80.

i made a small video of it.

to start i copied all settings from the plugin V10 map into the extreme black basemap.

i also have 2 TPS inputs main and sub from the throttle and also 2 inputs from the pedal main and sub, all voltages arrive good in the ecu as seen in the runtime values.

anyone an idea what is wrong? or what settings i missed. i suspect the wiring and all be ok as the throttle works fine in setup mode and i entered the voltages as seen in the runtime values.

youtube video

i found it, + and - from the throttle motor was reversed so whith 100% pedal, throttle was closing instead of opening., so switched it and it works fine now. Link Ecu FTW!!

however, allthough the calibration worked, min TPS is still at 5.8 is this normal? or is this the minimal opening needed as the throttle replaces the opening from an ISC valve?

The Subaru ethrottle i've got on a bench looks like it naturally stops around 5% closed if no current is applied, but can be driven fully closed by the motor if needed. I guess its a good failsafe position?

allthough the calibration worked, min TPS is still at 5.8 is this normal? or is this the minimal opening needed as the throttle replaces the opening from an ISC valve?

There is an ISC offset and often the target table would also not be set to go all the way to zero.  So what you are seeing here is probably quite normal. 

You can see what is being commanded by using the runtimes screen.  TP sub & main should closely match the sum of the Base target, ISC offset and CL trim.

mhgI9SQ.png

Edited by Adamw
improved picture