Atom no connection to the PCs

ferdok9

I have a problem with LINK G4+ Atom. There have no connection to the PCs but the ECU is working. The error is "Unable to connect to the ECU but USB connection is present. Please cycle the power to the ECU.". The COMPORT is available on PC "device manager" and in "PCLink G4+" application. I opened the case of device(ECU) and see the USB to UART converter is CP2102. The transmit pin is 26. I see the communication with oscilloscope. But on Pin 25 (receive RX PIN) have only static logical level, no response from main ECU controller. 

20979546_10209661660124758_14668802_n.png

20930609_10209661653244586_472223677_o.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 8:39 PM, Adamw said:

Please give some detail so we can help diagnose. If the ECU is brand new there is very unlikely a hardware problem. 

Lol, I found it;  Seem that if you have the Link USB cable plug in for tuning your can't plug in the CANBUS cable.  Thanks for the assist though :)

2 hours ago, Captain Proton said:

Lol, I found it;  Seem that if you have the Link USB cable plug in for tuning your can't plug in the CANBUS cable.  Thanks for the assist though :)

It is not CAN that effects the PC Comms, you likely have an old CANDASH cable which has serial wires inside also - the serial wires will interrupt the PC Comms since that is how the PC talks to the ECU.  If you cut that cable down so the serial wires are less than about 200mm and only connect the CAN wires then you will be ok.

12 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It is not CAN that effects the PC Comms, you likely have an old CANDASH cable which has serial wires inside also - the serial wires will interrupt the PC Comms since that is how the PC talks to the ECU.  If you cut that cable down so the serial wires are less than about 200mm and only connect the CAN wires then you will be ok.

Which wires are those exactly?  I posted a thread to find out which wires I need to attach to the Idash gauge.  Idash notes the green wire is CAN lo and the white wire is CAN hi.   

• 2 weeks later...

Running a Link Fury G4+ on a customer car, with a Race Technology Dash 2 and their CAN adapter (ECU interface).

I would just like to add that using the CANSER cable was not a good idea. Plugging that in caused serial port interference and stopped the communication to the (PC) tuning software.

I just added the CAN wiring to the ECU connector instead, and wired that to a DSUB9 connector (pin 2 = CAN L/-, pin 7 = CAN H/+).

In the DASH 2 setup I used the Vipec CAN protocol, seemed like the only option. The old G4 protocol didn't have lambda, etc.

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2018 at 6:18 AM, Adamw said:

Hello , How you fix that problem ? I have same problem.

I have a problem with LINK G4+ Atom. There have no connection to the PCs but the ECU is working. The error is "Unable to connect to the ECU but USB connection is present. Please cycle the power to the ECU.

Please help!!

[email protected]

13 hours ago, Simon said:

On the Atom you don't have the same issue as there is no serial output.  (assuming atom II) 

I would initially start by powering the ECU on the bench and then see if you can connect.

I turn off ECU wire which was going to the engine ,  I'm trying to connect by giving the power to ECU and plugging usb to laptop , it still don't connects .... ???? 

15 hours ago, Pipia23 said:

I turn off ECU wire which was going to the engine ,  I'm trying to connect by giving the power to ECU and plugging usb to laptop , it still don't connects .... ???? 

It is not clear what you are doing.  Can you confirm you have 12V on pin A5 and gnd on A25 or A34?  Also in windows device manager do you have a "Link USB ECU" under the Ports  COM & LTP section like below.

16OrLTv.png