Greddy 3 Bar Map Sensor

iliasfyntanidis

Hi there.

I want to use my existing Greddy 3 Bar Map Sensor with my Vipec i88 ECU.

I have found the calibration values in order to add this but it seems difficult ....Can anyone please chime in with a CAL table in the PC Link software,i.e. an exapmle would be grate.

Below is the calibration table for Greddy.

https://www.google.gr/search?q=greddy+3+bar+map+sensor+calibration&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidgdDrt_DVAhUhJcAKHZmaDh4Q_AUICigB&biw=1094&bih=487#imgrc=4zWvYCTNeCERuM:

Cheers!

Simon thanks for the heads up.

I need to spend more time with the layout and the functions.I noticed that CAL tables are dedicated on linear and non linear sensors etc.

Something else .I was doing this on Vipec (I know that there is the PC Link outhere some years now,but Vipec seems easier on me  and i am just playing around at the time)

Something else that i don't pretty much understand.Will this resolution give good results while i am on N/A mode?Because i am planning to break in the engine while being N/A so always on vacuum(Will add the Supercharger later)

I am asking so because i have some very aggresive cams with overlap and tight LSA angle that will give some tough time.

The question is:On my y axis where load is aplied in this situation kpa should i start the resolution from 0kpa to which ever will be my end or should i start from negative values -100kpa?What factor defines that?When i was N/A i was watching my boost gauge reading while lifting off the throttle 550 inHg.Can this value be displayed with the calibration that my Greedy Map sensor has?

I have seen maps on Turbocharged engines where the load is applied on negative values i.e. -100kpa and some times the load starts from 0kpa.I really tried to express what my question is,don't know if it makes sense. .

20170825_115840.jpg

20170825_115904.jpg

Something else that i don't pretty much understand.Will this resolution give good results while i am on N/A mode?Because i am planning to break in the engine while being N/A so always on vacuum(Will add the Supercharger later)

I am asking so because i have some very aggresive cams with overlap and tight LSA angle that will give some tough time.

You should be fine but you wont know until you try.  You wont have a "resolution problem" but if you may find that you have an erratic or weak MAP signal due to the cams and no longer gives a good indication of load.  If that is the case you can just change the axis on your fuel table to TP.

The question is:On my y axis where load is aplied in this situation kpa should i start the resolution from 0kpa to which ever will be my end or should i start from negative values -100kpa?What factor defines that?When i was N/A i was watching my boost gauge reading while lifting off the throttle 550 inHg.Can this value be displayed with the calibration that my Greedy Map sensor has?

I have seen maps on Turbocharged engines where the load is applied on negative values i.e. -100kpa and some times the load starts from 0kpa.I really tried to express what my question is,don't know if it makes sense. 

I think you might be confusing Absolute pressure with Gauge pressure.  If you use MAP (manifold absolute pressure) then full vacuum is zero.  If you use MGP (manifold gauge pressure) then zero means atmospheric pressure, negative means vacuum and positive means boost.  Our general recommendation is to use MGP as it compensates for changes in altitude or baro better.  A fuel table axis like the example below would be a good starting point.

9o1aoKb.png

quote''I think you might be confusing Absolute pressure with Gauge pressure.  If you use MAP (manifold absolute pressure) then full vacuum is zero.  If you use MGP (manifold gauge pressure) then zero means atmospheric pressure, negative means vacuum and positive means boost.  Our general recommendation is to use MGP as it compensates for changes in altitude or baro better.  A fuel table axis like the example below would be a good start''
That's correct. i have misunderstood  those 2 values, MAP and MGP.

In the Y axis(right click on the fuel map)where load is applied i saw after search how i can apply MGP.So it's clear to me know how i can add negative values.But the MAP sensor that i have and above you gave me the calibration tables how will it read negative values i.e. per the table?It's lowest value is 0 kpa and it doesn't accept negative values.In the fuel table above we have negative values.....
Does the ECU with it's internal baro sensor does all this job(for the negative values)

I have also noticed that when i turn the Y axis from MGP to MAP the ECU  says that  negative values are not accepted over there.Clever!

So the question is how with the CAL tables for my Greddy MAP sensor above and using MGP can i add negative values or how does the ECU gets the job done for those negative KPA values?

Edit*
Something else that draw my attention is that the fuel table has MGP load(negative values) on Y axis and ignition table has MAP load(positive values) on Y axis.I see the exapmle for the N/A Mazda MX5

Edited by iliasfyntanidis
Edit

In the Y axis(right click on the fuel map)where load is applied i saw after search how i can apply MGP.So it's clear to me know how i can add negative values.But the MAP sensor that i have and above you gave me the calibration tables how will it read negative values i.e. per the table?It's lowest value is 0 kpa and it doesn't accept negative values.In the fuel table above we have negative values.....
Does the ECU with it's internal baro sensor does all this job(for the negative values)

I have also noticed that when i turn the Y axis from MGP to MAP the ECU  says that  negative values are not accepted over there.Clever!

So the question is how with the CAL tables for my Greddy MAP sensor above and using MGP can i add negative values or how does the ECU gets the job done for those negative KPA values?

Your MAP sensor cal should be done exactly as Simon posted above and you can still use MGP on you table axis.  The ECU calculates MGP itself since it knows BAP and MAP.

Edit*
Something else that draw my attention is that the fuel table has MGP load(negative values) on Y axis and ignition table has MAP load(positive values) on Y axis.I see the exapmle for the N/A Mazda MX5

The axis on your ignition table is not as important.  I generally use MGP since I find it easier to think in "boost/vacuum".