Viewing log files help

Cozcorners

Hi.

I am new to thunder ecu so bare with me please.

I have went into the logging section, and have enabled paramaters i am interested to be logged via the ecu logging.

After a race session, i download and save file before deleting ecu logs. Now when i go to view a specific log file, example, i want to view a log of my g-force, wheel speeds, i cannot see them in my parameter list or i cant figure out how to add them to the time plot to be able to view it! (I am trying to view my logged files offline if that matters?).

What am i doing wrong? How do i view or put my speed parameter or g-force to my time plot? 

Also, my time plot shows say 3 items, engine speed, map, tps... how do i add say my afr to those 3 as well (i can see the afr in my parameter list, but i wsnt to add it to my plot).

Im guessing its something simple, but i couldn't work it out last night.

Thank you

Edited by Cozcorners

Here is a quick video to show how to add a parameter to a time plot.  Note to bring up the initial menu I right mouse click on the time plot.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPjFR1GG658wqI2VwH

If the parameters you are looking for dont show up when you start typing a few letters into the search box then it sounds like they havent been logged?

Sorry video is a bit crap, I must of had might frame rate set low...

Edited by Adamw

Ok, awesome that worked, thank you.

I was able to add the g force (and others) and have a look. One thing i noticed was my g force are out! Im getting 1g of lateral acceleration before i even start on the graph! Is there a calibrate g force sensors in the software somewhere? The numbers seem way too high!

From the help file in PC link

Accelerometer

Link G4+ Thunder ECUs have a built in accelerometer.  This sensor used is a precision calibrated 3 axis accelerometer capable of measuring acceleration in any direction.  This can be used to measure, log and display the acceleration forces applied to the ECU (and hence the vehicle it is attached to).  The accelerometer requires no calibration to accurately measure force but as the ECU can be installed in the vehicle in any orientation the accelerometer must be corrected so it knows where level is and also so it knows where the front of the car is.

Settings

Zero Accelerometer

Instructs the ECU to apply a correction to the accelerometer measurements to correct for the mounting orientation of the ECU.  This test must be performed with the car sitting on level ground.  The purpose of this test is to tell the accelerometer exactly what position is level.

·Run - Use current measurements.
·Zero Accelerometer - Correct for ECU orientation.  Set back to Run to use accelerometer readings.

Orientation Correction

After using the Zero Accelerometer function to tell the accelerometer where level is, it also must be told which direction is the front of the car relative to the ECUs installed orientation.  When the ECU is installed perfectly level with the header connectors facing the front of the vehicle this setting will be zero.  The simplest way to determine this setting is:

1.With the vehicle on level ground and the suspension at normal ride height, set Zero Accelerometer to Zero Accelerometer, then set back to Run.  The accelerometer will now know where level is but does not know which direction forwards driving will be. Vertical Acceleration should show 1g.
2.Drive the vehicle while logging Lateral Acceleration and Longitudinal Acceleration.  On a dead straight piece of track, perform a firm controlled deceleration (eg from 80 to 20 kph).  Pay particular attention to keeping the vehicle traveling straight during the deceleration.
3.Ideally during the deceleration only negative Longitudinal Acceleration should be measured.  If significant Lateral Acceleration is measured then adjust Orientation Correction and repeat until deceleration only shows a negative Longitudinal Acceleration reading.
4.Once completely calibrated and orientated both Longitudinal Acceleration and Lateral Acceleration should read zero when traveling at a constant speed.  When braking and accelerating (straight) should not significantly affect Lateral Acceleration.  Constant speed left or right cornering should not affect Longitudinal Acceleration.

Filter

Adjusts the amount of filtering applied to the accelerometer measurements.  Increase the filtering to reduce the influence of vibration in the accelerometer signals.  A larger number will be required in vehicles that experience high vibration (eg rally cars).  A smaller number can be used in smooth riding vehicles (eg road cars).

Runtime Values

Lateral (X) Acceleration

The acceleration measured sideways across the vehicle.  This gives an indication of cornering forces.  The value displayed is in g-force.

Longitudinal (Y) Acceleration

The acceleration measured lengthways along the vehicle.  This gives an indication of acceleration and braking forces.  The value displayed is in g-force.

Vertical (Z) Acceleration

The acceleration measured in the direction of gravity.  This gives an indication of the downwards force applied on the tires.  The value displayed is in g-force.