Evo 8 link PNP direct fire issue.

Jwhalen07

We are using a sequential ignition kit on an evo we have in our shop. This exact kit we run on our shop evo with a fury with the same settings. The car is running a 12 tooth trigger with 1 tooth cut off the cam trigger. We configured that identical to all the other evos running this 12 tooth and the timing light was way off. Trigger offset is normally 58* but this car wanted 145* to hit the mark with a light. So maybe it was 360* out.... I went to -215* and it didn't show on the damper... Put it back to 145* and we put the timing light on #4 which should give us an identical timing mark but we cant even see the TDC mark on the crank gear. We configured the ecu to use AUX IGN 3/4 to control 3 and 4. The coils all fire when cranking and they match up in the ign test to the configured coil. 

Something is for sure wrong in this ecu's firmware(it was updated) or something in the control of the Aux IGN outputs. Need to get this figured out asap as installing this IGN1A ignition kit in sequential fire is involved.

USDM evos don't have anything running into pin 20 but 32 and 34 and been crimped together into the XS loom. 34 was depinned from the harness and we crimped 32 to coil trigger.

Interesting to see that this car wants a different trigger edge and moving it 360* does not have it fire at the same angle. I have setup around 5 evos with the 12 tooth on 9s and 8s and they always hit that 58* mark and even on my Fury with sequential fire is 58*.

I talked to link support and they wanted me to load a completely different trigger into the ecu, store, and then reload the multi-tooth trigger. When I did that we now get a 4 stroke spark pattern but the ecu wants to fire the coil twice and the trigger offset is still way off from normal. We now get 2 sparks, one directly on the TDC and one about 90* off using 355* as the trigger offset, Put trigger offset to -5 it fires once on the TDC mark. I loaded a completely stock base map and imported all the important things to help it start. Same operation as before. Here is the trigger scope and tune file.

Mitsubishi EVO 4-8 w Ethrottle G4+ Xtreme Plugin.pclr

Trigger Scope Log 2017-09-11 12;05;10 pm.llg

Pretty odd, I dont see much wrong here.  I tried your map on the bench here and ignition sequencing looks as expected.  Your dwell table has quite large values in it and some coils/ignitors will self discharge if over dwelled.  Can you try halving your dwell values and see if that makes any difference?