Master Fuel adjustment

Beams AE82

Hi all.

So, trigger issues were sorted earlier this week and first start up checks proved all good. Setup is 3SGE Gen4 fitted to Toyota EE80 Corolla with C60 6sp gearbox and LSD.

I drove the car today for the firat time and ran Quick tune to start building the fuel map. All good barring that my values in the center of the map are well above the guideline 50 and quickly maxed out at 99.0 from 100% TPS, 5500rpm onward. Mid map values are around 80.

Is there a way to adjust the Master Fuel value and bring the map values down, but retain the fueling I have developed this far?

Edit.    I've added an image of my fuel map in its current state of infancy. The blue border surrounds the cells roughly tuned this far.

20170924_204032.jpg

Edited by Beams AE82

Actually you want a bigger master fuel number in order to reduce your fuel table numbers...

Here is how I would make this adjustment with minimal effect to your already tuned cells:

To get your fuel table numbers more sensible we need reduce them by about 30% - this means we need to increase your master fuel by about 30% (realising it has to be a whole number it likely wont be exactly 30%).  So as an example lets say your existing master fuel is 11, and we choose to increase it to 14.  Now to get the exact percentage increase we divide the new fuel master by the old fuel master: 14/11 = 1.27273 (about a 27.3% increase).

Now you left click on the top left corner of the fuel table to select the whole table, then just type in "/1.27273" (but without the ") and hit enter, this will reduce the whole table by the same percentage that you increased your master so your tune should remain relatively unchanged.

As always, thank you for the prompt responses gentlemen. I have never worked with an ECU before that is backed by such manufacturer support. You guys are legends.

Simon, I am running the last update of VTS in my V88. Fuel equations available are MAP, BAP and MAP/BAP. I am running TPS as my load input so fuel Equation is selected is MAP as I will run a wilder engine specification in future - longer duration cams and head work. I figured to rather develop my map from now using TPS as load than very likely have to change to it after engine developments in future.

Adam, master fuel was 10 so I changed to 13 and adjusted fuel table by 1.3333. Looks much better thank you with cell values around 55 to 60 mid map now. Once the rest of the household wake up I'll perform a store, start up and confirm all in order.

On  another topic. As I am running a V88, am I correct in stating that it does not support the Launch control function and that I should create a % Slip calculation table for this purpose? I have wired in a digital input - enabling toggle switch - and will wire in a second in-series clutch switch soon to activate "launch control". I still need to Install wheel speed sensors.. 

Thanks again for the help.

On  another topic. As I am running a V88, am I correct in stating that it does not support the Launch control function and that I should create a % Slip calculation table for this purpose? I have wired in a digital input - enabling toggle switch - and will wire in a second in-series clutch switch soon to activate "launch control". I still need to Install wheel speed sensors.. 

All common Launch control strategies are already available in the V series:

rYarmwh.png