Car shut down

Toliski

Hello guys i have a problem.

I try to make my fuel map better i make my idle better the car runs good not fine but good.

Suddenly as i go for  drive yesterday when i push the clutch pedal the engine stop. 

I try once nothing second nothing the third it start and everything was fine again.
Today it make the same thing. I make a log but in the log its only the 'shut down time' not the 'start again time' because i make the key off key on. 

at the last 20-30 secs the problem occurs i try to start with no throttle half throttle and full throttle but nothing. Then i make key off and the Ecu disconected so the log stops. but after that everything was fine.

Can you see any mistakes?

Toyota Celica ST205.pclr

In the area near the end where you are cranking with the half throttle/full throttle, the RPM is showing zero.  That could be a trigger arming threshold setting or possibly wiring/hardware.

So we can check arming threseholds, can you do a triggerscope while cranking and attach here.  Disconnect coil or something so engine doesnt start. Open up the triggerscope screen with ECU online.  Have someone crank the engine and while cranking click the "capture" button, keep cranking until the waveform is drawn.  Save it as a log file.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

In the area near the end where you are cranking with the half throttle/full throttle, the RPM is showing zero.  That could be a trigger arming threshold setting or possibly wiring/hardware.

So we can check arming threseholds, can you do a triggerscope while cranking and attach here.  Disconnect coil or something so engine doesnt start. Open up the triggerscope screen with ECU online.  Have someone crank the engine and while cranking click the "capture" button, keep cranking until the waveform is drawn.  Save it as a log file.

I try it later and I send it here. 

On 15/10/2017 at 11:33 AM, Adamw said:

Well i dont know if i make it right so i make 4 logs.

1st capture.llg

2nd capture.llg

3rd capture.llg

4rth capture.llg

What sort of cranking speed? Perhaps your arming thresholds are a little high at 1000rpm, particularly if its cranking faster when warm than cold (presumably its ok starting cold, and this is only an issue restarting hot).

Also not clear if you are looking for advice on why it stalled on clutch in. You might benefit from using the idle ignition table.

5 minutes ago, CamB said:

What sort of cranking speed? Perhaps your arming thresholds are a little high at 1000rpm, particularly if its cranking faster when warm than cold (presumably its ok starting cold, and this is only an issue restarting hot).

Also not clear if you are looking for advice on why it stalled on clutch in. You might benefit from using the idle ignition table.

I don't understand the reason of trigger scope.

I make it because Adamw ask me to do it but i don't understand if i capture it right.

The engine is cold at the logs.

It's anything wrong with trigger scope?

5 hours ago, Toliski said:

I don't understand the reason of trigger scope.

I make it because Adamw ask me to do it but i don't understand if i capture it right.

The engine is cold at the logs.

It's anything wrong with trigger scope?

Your triggerscopes look like they would work ok with your current settings but I would probably make a small change to the trigger 2 arming threshold table just to give us a little more margin of error.

Try it like this:

Z5HzZM5.png

I suggest for the next little while that you carry your laptop around with you, then if it ever doesnt start again you can connect laptop and do a quick triggerscope which may show us what the problem is.

7 hours ago, Simon said:

Those loges were at cranking speed?

Yes they are!

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your triggerscopes look like they would work ok with your current settings but I would probably make a small change to the trigger 2 arming threshold table just to give us a little more margin of error.

Try it like this:

Z5HzZM5.png

I suggest for the next little while that you carry your laptop around with you, then if it ever doesnt start again you can connect laptop and do a quick triggerscope which may show us what the problem is.

ok i write the new settings and i wait!!!

thanks guys!

18 hours ago, Adamw said:

Try it like this:

Z5HzZM5.png

Well i make this change but i notice when i start my engine from stone cold it works with 3 cylinders for a while. After a 30 secs it works fine again. The change that we made has to do with that? Or its an other thing?