link monsoon 2 pin idle control solenoid

fiestacosworth

can somebody help please! sierra cosworth 2 pin idle control solenoid live one side connected to +12v and the other side connected to ecu Aux 3 output. idle control turned on!

when I turn the ignition off the valve is back feeding 12v turning the ecu back on. I have read about flywheeling diode etc. however just to confirm. am I using the correct aux output ? or should I be using a specific one ? if so can I just run the icv directly to a separate relay with a flywheeling diode built in ?

help please!

1 hour ago, fiestacosworth said:

can somebody help please! sierra cosworth 2 pin idle control solenoid live one side connected to +12v and the other side connected to ecu Aux 3 output. idle control turned on!

when I turn the ignition off the valve is back feeding 12v turning the ecu back on. I have read about flywheeling diode etc. however just to confirm. am I using the correct aux output ? or should I be using a specific one ? if so can I just run the icv directly to a separate relay with a flywheeling diode built in ?

help please!

Make sure your using 12v from an ignition source and not constant battery 12v

hmm this is really strange then. i have one side connected to aux 3. the other connected to switched live. with ignition on ecu is giving idle valve 12v the other side is also 12v as ignition is on. i switch the ignition off and the valve is back feeding 12v back to switch live wire and in turn powering up the ecu... i have removed the valved and tested it and with a switched earth the valve is working.