mixture map vs autotune; road tuning only

rich

Hi again, abit of a question ive been pondering lately after struggling to iron out a reliable low load cruise map, would you use auto tune or the mixture map table?

I'm finding auto tune does work, but seems to create a very lumpy table and is not always consistent. on the other hand, while the mixture map is very easy to use, its difficult to find settings that give a good data poll and are useful. obviously warm up, tip in throttle and gear change conditions are accounted for in both, so that being said which should I be using?

all this is for low load, no boost driving, on a v10 wrx plug in g4+. strictly road tuning if that sways it either way (until I give up and pay someone who actually knows all this stuff haha)  

sorry if its abit wordy just trying to be clear, thanks guys

I don't use either for low load stuff with my EJ257, I just use traditional logging and review through a few iterations.  Be wary of the impact your cam timing has depending on how you have your tables configured (tps v's rpm or map v's rpm etc)

thanks for the reply, yeah I found cam timing to be a big player but I have avcs and timing just about dialled in. just after some insight as to which is a more productive way to go, definitely logging and analysis is a given with any change to the map really I find

cheers Adam, ill have a play see if i can get some more useful logs. any tips of number of samples required or is it a case of more is always a better indicator? sorry for the basic questions, just so much quicker to ask here than get frustrated and probably end up messing up what ive already got. cheers

Hello
I do not have dyno 4X4, closer to my workshop, there is a road that is at sea level. And it has a straight line about 8 miles long.
That way I logging in these settings.
Engine speed
Tps main
MGP
Afr / Lambda Target
Lambda meter - analogic input
Fuel table
Ign table
Inj duty cicle
ECT
IAT
CL Lambda - in off state
Waste gate DC

I do this in several different loads:
- 50 MGP
0 MGP
50 MGP
100 MGP
150 MGP
200 MGP
I analyze the log and I am correcting the fuel table one at a time, for example I did the 0 MGP line, I will increase the load to 100 MGP.
Done that I interpolated the line of 50 MGP, and make a new log now tried to keep the target at 50 MGP. That way I make a very precise fuel table.
After all, I'll call CL Lambda and find a variation of plus or minus 3% at the maximum - 3%. Give a little more work already tuned in several EVOLUTION 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9.
Hope this helps.
I'm sorry for my english.
Augusto.