loading a start file for my 1uz cressida

cuttz

21 minutes ago, cuttz said:

So the injection timing and deg looks ok to you

So crank it up to 50 with the start ya bastard.

Why is the injection timing at 400 deg? Does the ecu read in 720 deg? One 360 for compression one 360 for exhaust?

Yes, injector timing isnt relevant - you can squirt fuel in at anytime and it should still run. 

If you havent done so you need to confirm there is reasonable fuel pressure in the rail too.

A 4 stroke engine cycle is 720 degrees.   In a road engine, Inj timing is more for drivability and ecomomy etc but around 400deg is common.  Most engines will run best when all of the fuel is injected before the intake valve opens, this is about 400°BTDC.

5PgxZ1H.png

So turned the pull-up on and now the E85 sensor is green so guess I'll leave. 

Disconnect the fuel line from rail and turned key on and no fuel

Has to be something with the setup as I have heard it turn on before

So had the auto elec out home today looking at the fuel pump issue. He was able to get the pump to run but it won't stay running. He says the wiring is correct????? But says it keeps turning off due to the ecu for some reason. He's gone to look on his laptop to search for this reason. 

Any idea from your end?

When he's trying to test it just set the fuel pump output (aux1?) to "test (on)" and then flick polarity to high or low until it works. You could do the same thing if you've got the pipe at the fuel rail pulled off nad pointing at a bucket, with key on, one of those settings should send fuel everywhere (and then set it back to "fuel pump" and set your polarity based on what you find). If neither high or low polarity makes it run flat out, there is something in the wiring (are the relays wired up right, is there a secondary FP controller?)  or your pump is faulty.

It's a brand new pump so highly doubt that and he did do something to get it to work to remove the pump from the equation. 

He has been fabulous with the wiring the loom is bang on and even labelled everything for what it is. 

He is certain that the wiring is fine. When I ( and him) changed the aux 1 to test the relay would click. But yeah all new everything so quess I'm going to have to wait till he racks his own brain on it but yeah was hoping there was a answer to why this is happening so he can look at it is all

Not to sure on the secondary controller tho. I'm sure he would know more about that than me as I left the entire wiring job to him to make sure it was flawless.........well eventually flawless

You can still check if its a config thing or a wiring thing by pulling off the fuel hose from the rail and setting the fuel pump aux output to test(On) then flipping the polarity. That's bypassing any ECU config and just checking if "when ecu says go, fuel pump goes". If you cant get fuel to come out of that pipe via any setting on the aux1 pin, then there is a wiring problem, somewhere. If there is a setting that makes it spew fuel everywhere, then we're back to figuring out the right settings in the ECU

So spoke to the auto elec again and he said the high setting is what it needs to be on but he did the same thin with switching high and low to get it to work and he is still certain that it's a program issue. He says it triggers for a split second when you crank then doesn't trigger it again. 

No secondary controller ether 

Is there something else I'm missing in the programing ? As I'm at a loss ATM bad.

I'll send him a link to this thread if that's ok

It is very unusual to need a "high polarity" for a fuel pump as that would mean it is a normally closed relay which could be quite dangerous (if a wire falls off or breaks the fuel pump will default to on).

Can you get the sparky to draw a quick diagram of how the fuel pump relay is wired.
Correct wiring is below:

vvwMtzV.png

still for the life of me cant post this picture off the wiring. tied crop and sent it to my email and did it on my pc also still says to contact here for help

hopefully Jason tunes in soon to elaborate on whats going on 

the current size of the picture is 600 kb not 500 mb

that's not how I wire fuel pump relays...  put one side of the fuel pump relay coil to ignition switched 12V, connect the other side of the coil to Aux 1 and set Aux 1 as fuel pump with a low side drive.

Is it a cause for what's happening? Or is there more than 1 way to do it? As he does do a lot of motec stuff so can't see why the link ecu would be any different. If it is the case I'll have to redo the wiring for the pump