EJ207 Subaru WRX 2011 Engine RPM problem

andpdas

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hi Andpdas, sorry for my slow reply, I wanted to have a good look over all your data before replying.

I must admit I cant see much of a reason for your problem, that cam sensor is still inverting but I agree that the falling edge is remaining in the right place so should work regardless.  

Im running out of ideas quickly but I still have a couple of thoughts that I would like to try.  

1. Can you try changing to "EJ25 AVCS" trigger mode, see if any difference.
  2. Can you temporarily disconnect trigger 1 from the OEM ecu to test?

Hi Adamw

Thank you so much.

I'll try changing the trigger mode to "EJ25 AVCS".

I'm able to disconnect trigger 1 from OEM ecu.
But I'm not sure I can start my engine with it.
But I will try to do it.

I have a question.
Should I disable the VVT before I test these?
I have just copied the VVT settings from OEM ecu.

Best Regards.

pclink-vvt-settings.PNG

oem-ecu-vvt-settings.PNG

@Adamw

I have disconnected trigger 1 and the trigger error disappeared.
The engine went up to 8000 rpm and worked fine!

Thank you so much!

But now I have my OEM ecu which been disabled most of the functions.
Are there any solution for this problem?

Best regards.

14 hours ago, andpdas said:

Are there any solution for this problem?

I think I may see some of the problem.  Normally with a reluctor sensor the voltage output will increase with RPM.  However with your OEM ECU connected the waveform is getting distorted and the voltage is actually decreasing with RPM.  At 2000RPM the voltage is ~5V, but at 5000RPM the voltage is dropping below 3V on some teeth, this is what you have set in the arming threshold table so the ecu will start to ignore teeth any teeth are below 3V.  

So please try reconnecting OEM ecu, then adjust your trigger 1 arming threshold table to look like below.  Let me know if that helps.

c0AADj7.png

15ds2qz.png

On 2018/3/23 at 4:25 PM, Adamw said:

I think I may see some of the problem.  Normally with a reluctor sensor the voltage output will increase with RPM.  However with your OEM ECU connected the waveform is getting distorted and the voltage is actually decreasing with RPM.  At 2000RPM the voltage is ~5V, but at 5000RPM the voltage is dropping below 3V on some teeth, this is what you have set in the arming threshold table so the ecu will start to ignore teeth any teeth are below 3V.  

So please try reconnecting OEM ecu, then adjust your trigger 1 arming threshold table to look like below.  Let me know if that helps.

c0AADj7.png

15ds2qz.png

Hi

I have changed Trigger 1 arming threshold table as you described.
And it worked fine!

Thank you so much for your kindful support.
I really appreciate.

Best Regards

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bringing back and sort of hijacking an old thread, but do you guys have any documentation or some suggestions how to start a piggy back project like this? Might need to do something similar for a 2013 STi if there will be no CAN support for these Subarus in a few months.

Thanks