Ecotrons CAN II - Error info?

MagicMike

Since my last post, I have still been dailying the zed, and noticing that lambda 1 is freezing on 1.02 for a period of time, then like magic, it comes good again. I have a few logs showing this, and can see 'Stuff Error', Acknowledge Error', 'Error Passive' and 'Bus Warning' in the CAN tab of runtime values.

Can anyone explain these errors to me? Or make tell me how to make them stop?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgx266go5t920ke/weird.llg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3ecn5gdpmkl6w9/inj tiiming.pclr?dl=0

Your map has 3 CAN channels set up,  2 Ecotron and 1 something else?  Do you have a termination resistor and the far end of the bus? 

I notice the Ecotron uses extended ID's while the other uses an 11bit ID, I have never seen both types used together before so I'm not sure if that is acceptable practice or not - Im not sure how nicely they will play together...  Can you temporarily turn off channel 1 and see if your Lambdas keep working then?

Funny you should mention that... When I first went to set up the Ecotrons, that existing channel was already there and I had no idea what it was for so I just left it. Certainly nothing else connected other than the Ecotrons. Can't recall if I did put a resistor at the other end, don't think I did as the run is quite short. I'll try removing the first channel on the way home today and see what happens.

It has only started happening this week, nothing has been changed on the car for at least a few months. No sign of this in any old logs.

Could be sensor dying?

1 hour ago, MagicMike said:

Could be sensor dying?

The acknowledge and stuff errors are CAN bus errors but they may not be caused by the Ecotrons - they maybe caused by the channel 1, if you turn off channel 1 and those errors go away but you still get the lambda freezing up occasionally then I would be suspect of the sensor.  If it is only one particular side that "freezes" then you could possibly swap the sensors from side to side and see if the problem follows it.

• 3 weeks later...