Introducing RealDash - A Dashboard App for Android & Windows

Adamw

On 12/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, Duncanhandley said:

..Realdash shows the same value as PCLink when I use Adam's supplied link_can_short.xml and I apply the V*0.14503 multiplier in Realdash gauge math, for both positive and negative boost..

The link_can_short.xml has an XML defined 'V-100' calculation for MAP,
whereas Adam's separately attached link_can_short-mgp.xml containing the custom MGP value doesn't have a 'V-100' calculation - that may be due to the 100kpa "display offset" in the CAN parameter? - I'm not quite sure

My XML config has an additional 'V-100' calculation for MGP as well - possibly due to the offset.

On 12/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, Duncanhandley said:

..I don't understand how you had 2 gauge math values unless you had 2 gauges?..

Yep sorry - correct, two gauges - one in a positive PSI scale - the other in a negative inHg vacuum scale

On 12/9/2022 at 5:31 PM, Duncanhandley said:

The definition in the XML I am using is:

<value targetId="31" offset="2" length="2" conversion="(V-100)/6.895"/> <!-- MAP -->

..to display MAP (including vacuum) with a PSI scale

This looks to correctly calculate positive MAP KPA into an MGP PSI,
though as the MAP parameter's minimum value is 0KPA, I don't believe you can calculate negative vacuum off of it

@Adamw - can you confirm?

Note the "A" in the acronym MAP stands for Absolute.  0 absolute pressure is a total vacuum, you cant have negative absolute.  The dash2pro stream sends MGP so it is wrong for the original realdash xml to use target ID 31 which is Manifold Absolute Pressure.  In my set up I was sending MAP from the ecu rather than MGP so that it matched the ID31 with no "-100" offset.

43 minutes ago, Pizzinelli Claudio said:

Ho provato ad aprire il file che hai inserito ma non me lo trova

Sorry I had to clean up my google drive a while ago, I must have deleted that video.  I think this might be it:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPxSh4fEj7PSJbW2lG?e=A1NDsE

Hey Guys,

Quick question for you.

Just received my Seeedstudio CAN adapter and hooked it up to my G4x. To start with, I used the provided sample xml, rd file and configured the streams as explained. All pieces of the puzzle seem to get together nicely as I see data coming from the ECU displayed in RealDash and the button works as well that is set to CAN DI1, even if I set it to on/off toggle button.

On the other hand, CAN DI1 is showing a Fault status time to time. Not repeated at exactly the same time interval, it is kind of random but usually takes 10-30 seconds to get a fault which then is reset in about a second. I don't have latching configured which means it just replicates what is received over CAN.

Now, I read in the G4x help file, if CAN data is not received for 2 seconds, then a fault is set, but the xml has a writeInterval parameter set to 1000ms, so I assume, that should not be the case.

So, do you have any idea what can cause the fault status on a CAN DI parameter?

Thanks,

Béla

Do you have any errors showing in the CAN tab of the runtimes screen when that happens?  What else is connected on the same bus and what bit rate are you running?  I vaguely remember seeing this before in our car but I dont remember what it was.  

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Do you have any errors showing in the CAN tab of the runtimes screen when that happens?  What else is connected on the same bus and what bit rate are you running?  I vaguely remember seeing this before in our car but I dont remember what it was.  

Will need to check on the CAN tab.

The bus is 500kbps speed and has a 22 channel AEM module, 2 x series AEM gauges, a Link CAN lambda and an ECUmaster egt modul and an AEM x series CAN display.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Try dropping the write interval to 500.

That might have done the trick.

With 500ms, it had about 1 fault per 5 mins, so I dropped it top 100ms and logged the value for more then 10 mins and no fault during that time.

This means then I guess, when there is a collision, then RealDash just drops the frame and waits for the next event, causing the 2sec fault threshold being violated randomly.

Is there a way to control this 2 sec threshold somehow? At least for on/off CAN DIs? 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Adamw said:

As long as it has a USB host port and access to the google play store it should be ok.  

awesome. thank you for your prompt reply. Will also work with Strom G4+? (black)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get the info I want on my head unit thanks to everyone's input.  Can someone tell me if there's a more efficient way that transmitting 4 separate streams? Could I use 4 frames on a single stream instead?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/141cesBVlWx8eUJoZSgaIwjsi1tdECZQ2/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y__cLXQc-5Ougz59itlM5pIlt3gcUk-t/view?usp=sharing

@ellisd1984 - Your Google Drive links are private, can't see the info.

You can add compound CAN Frames within each stream,
though each frame needs to have a unique ID within the stream,
and then each stream an individual CAN ID

This works for me on a G4+ based on what I've found on the RealDash forum - but I still haven't got 100% clarification if this is "best practice"..

image.thumb.png.e821b1c2ff11b72011903cb8d7392a74.png

image.png.929a772730b79df2a0e5097d393423b9.png

image.png.25ddb69fc81395cc4057b44f4686ffad.png

Thanks after a bit of digging I found a file on the realdash Github that looked to have multiple frames.  I modified that and got that to work.  It's different to how yours is written but I guess as long as it works. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kHnUgLmLcg6R4XGSydKIrhcsS68Cr83p/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the reply

On 5/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, DomsE36Garage said:

So far I've tried 3 OTG cables/adaptors with no luck in charging my Samsung tablet so I think it's going to be very hit and miss. I've watched a few video's about making your own OTG cables which might work but again not guaranteed and you need to be pretty good with electronics and soldering small stuff to give it a crack.

At least for me, I only use the dash on my race car so could probably get away with a single charge for a single day of racing, however on a daily driver it'd be a pain and you'd end up spending a few hundred in finding the right adaptor to work with your device.

Hi,

i am very sorry for this extremely late comment and may have already been addressed and no longer an issue for people.

I used the OTG cable supplied by GADGETS FOR GEEKS and had no issues with both data and charging on my cheap Lenovo TB-8304F1 touchscreen tablet.

Now it has been many years since I did this, I still have 4 of these cables but I no longer have any tablets to retest the order in which you need to connect the cable up.

I think the process was either on the GADGETS FOR GEEKS SITE or I GOOGLED IT.

I can not remember the exact steps.

I shall endeavor to retest and repost.

Ignore this if no longer an issue.

The issue I found in relation to using these cables is the steps in which you connected the devices up.

I have attached images of the components I used.

OTG CABLE.jpg

ON_OFF SWITCH FOR PWR SUPPLY.jpg

12V DC TO 5V DC CONVERTOR.jpg

12V DC TO 5V DC CONVERTOR.jpg