Introducing RealDash - A Dashboard App for Android & Windows

Adamw

(reposting my previous question with more clarity)

In RealDash under ECU specific there is: 

Link ECU: DI 1 Status (from DI1 to DI 12)

...but further down the list the speed inputs are:

Link ECU: DI 3 speed

Link ECU: DI 4 speed

Link ECU: DI 5 speed

Link ECU: DI 6 speed

...with no DI1 or DI2 speed listed.

Anyone else see D1 and DI2 speed inputs?

Interested in understanding how people are powering their tablets while connected to the ECU.  I am looking for a tablet at the moment, and will be connecting it to my Vipec v88.

Also would be great to see different mounting options.

some tablets support OTG functionality where you can use what is essentially a splitter cable to connect to both a charger and the ECU.  Others have hacked tablets to hardwire the power supply straight to the PCB inside

On 2/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, Monsterbishi said:

Just a quick update with regards to the Windows 10 lag issue - I've been in touch with the creator of RealDash who has made some changes which has solved the issue, full credit with regards to the fact that he fixed the problem within 24 hours!

Hi there,

thanks for sharing this info,

is there a link or anything to the new software to correct this issue.

I shall GOOGLE their site and see if it is on there.

Thanks again.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Dave,

It takes a bit of time for a update to be approved through the Microsoft store system, if you email the team at Realdash they may be able to give you an idea of when the next version is going to be publicly available which will include the fix for the lag.

Cheers,

Mark

FYI- I was using real dash successfully until I got a new device with USB-C I tried a few usb-usb C adapters that claimed to have OTG compatibility with no success.

I did some more research and found this 3 pack for $7 USD  https://www.amazon.com/Weduda-Adapter-Charging-Converter-Samsung/dp/B075QH2YB7 So now, using my usb-micro usb OTG cable from before, and this micro to USB C, everything works again. Thought I would throw that out there in case anyone else was having USB C issues. 

G4+ Subaru Plug n Play - Got this connected and working on my Samsung S9 using the supplied OTG as well as Amazon OTG.  For charging im using a wireless car charger/ mount.  Only issue im having is Speed and Gear.  Gear is calibrated and displays correctly in Pclink, But the real pretty shows N or 6 and nothing else.  Also speed shows 300mph vs 30mph,  or 650mph vs 65mph roughly.  Any ideas?

On 6/25/2018 at 9:49 AM, Adamw said:

Hi All,

The developers of RealDash have been working with us to make their app compatible with Link ECU's.  It is now compatible.

For those that havent seen it you can learn more here: http://www.realdash.net/

In my short play it seems to work well and has lots of cool features.  Lap timing, navigation, configurable alarms, live graphs, live streaming of data, music player, etc.  The app and a selection of basic "skins" are totally free, then there are some more fuller featured paid for "premium skins" that do more stuff such as data logging and may look cooler these are still relatively cheap ranging about $3-$10.  One example below.

Right now it wont work on the Atom, Monsoon, Kurofune or Black Storm as the serial stream is not enabled in those ECU's but we hope to enable that setting in the next couple of months.  Right now it will work in the Blue Storm, Xtreme, Fury, Thunder, all Plug-ins & Force.  It will also work on old G4/Vipec V series ECU's.

Connection to your tablet/smartphone is direct using your normal Link USB tuning cable, for phones/tablets that only have a micro USB port you will need a "Micro USB OTG adapter".   Instructions for setup and connection attached to bottom of this post.

RealDash.pdfUnavailable

Hi

i can’t download the pdf as it says unavailable

i am using an android with female to female adaptor on usb so i can connect the original usb cable from my galaxy to the unit

i have selected serial connection out of the three option if wifi and blueetooth and serial 

any help with be appreciated

7 hours ago, drifter17a said:

i can’t download the pdf as it says unavailable

You need to be logged in to be able to download anything.

7 hours ago, drifter17a said:

i am using an android with female to female adaptor on usb so i can connect the original usb cable from my galaxy to the unit

That doesnt sound right.  You generally need a USB OTG adapter.

1 hour ago, johnvtec said:

Trying to connect my Honda Link G4+ plug in, on my Samsung J7 with usb OTG adapter and can't connect follow instructions of PDF file won't connect

The most common problem I see is flaky OTG adaptors so I would try a couple of others if you can.

Also, according to this comment below, it may suggest not all android devices work:

On 2/24/2019 at 10:37 PM, Monsterbishi said:

To contribute to the thread, we found that not all android devices are created equal, we found that two of the tablets we have, a Toshiba AT7-A and a Samsung Tab3 Lite, didn't work, the OS appeared to not recognise the USB serial port.

My phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 worked just fine.

If you have a windows 10 PC or laptop you can install realdash on that to confirm if you have a comms issue or Android issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought id update my findings. I got speed and gear to work!!!! But only when using GPS for speed and setting up the gear ratios and final drive in Real Dash.  If i let it use the default vss my speed seems to be scaled x10!  30mph displays 300mph. 

Also trying to configure the gauges and tweak the layouts on my S9 using the touch screen is a major pain.

19 minutes ago, h82lose91 said:

Just thought id update my findings. I got speed and gear to work!!!! But only when using GPS for speed and setting up the gear ratios and final drive in Real Dash.  If i let it use the default vss my speed seems to be scaled x10!  30mph displays 300mph. 

Also trying to configure the gauges and tweak the layouts on my S9 using the touch screen is a major pain.

If you plug a usb mouse/keyboard into the OTG adapter you're using to connect the S9 to the ECU you can use the mouse/keyboard to configure the gauges, etc easily without even touching the screen :-) 

1 hour ago, Monsterbishi said:

If you plug a usb mouse/keyboard into the OTG adapter you're using to connect the S9 to the ECU you can use the mouse/keyboard to configure the gauges, etc easily without even touching the screen :-) 

Hadnt even thought of that!  Thanks!