Measuring 12V with the ECU?

TimoL

I would like to measure the voltage at the fuel pump terminals and be able to log it with the ECU (Link G4+ WRX ver5/6 plugin). Is this doable with any of the free inputs?

You could get the ECU to measure 12V using a simple voltage divider but the thing I dont like about doing this is to get an accurate measurement you will have to connect fuel pump ground (chassis ground) to the ECU sensor ground.  This has potential to mess up all your other ECU sensor measurments. 

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

You could get the ECU to measure 12V using a simple voltage divider but the thing I dont like about doing this is to get an accurate measurement you will have to connect fuel pump ground (chassis ground) to the ECU sensor ground.  This has potential to mess up all your other ECU sensor measurments. 

That's exactly what I thought. Maybe I could cobble up an Arduino based voltage logger and connect it to the CAN bus. I do not want to compromise other sensors since I'm running a fuel pressure sensor and differential fuel pressure compensation.