Vr4 link g4+ Idle & Timing

Dale P

I have a 1990 Galant VR4. When setting idle speed via BISS do I need to ground diagnostic pin the way you would for stock ECU? Also for base timing do I need to ground connector in engine bay as you would stock ECU or just use trigger calibration. I'm guessing I don't but wanted to make sure.

Grounding those pins does nothing on the Link ecu as far as I know,  just set all of your idle cells to like 5 degrees and set the ignition timing off of that and then check it again at higher speed such as 2k with everything around the 2k cells set to 5 degrees or so.  

1 hour ago, motomattx said:

Grounding those pins does nothing on the Link ecu as far as I know,  just set all of your idle cells to like 5 degrees and set the ignition timing off of that and then check it again at higher speed such as 2k with everything around the 2k cells set to 5 degrees or so.  

Dont do this, all of the other compensations will still be applied in the background and it will possibly give you a false result. 

The correct way is to open the "set base timing" screen, in here you can tell the ECU what reference timing you want commanded then adjust the trigger offset up or down until the timing marks show the same value as your reference setting.

E7nkNRr.png