Mitsubishi RVR - Idle hunts & No aircon?

crazynick505

1 hour ago, crazynick505 said:

If I have DI5 set to "AC Request", the button triggers the AC request on and off - All sweet. Only thing is although the A2 Output for the AC Clutch turns on, I don't actually get cold air.

Why would you not have cold air if the clutch is engaged and the compressor is turning?  That is all the ECU can do - switch the compressor on or off.

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Why would you not have cold air if the clutch is engaged and the compressor is turning?  That is all the ECU can do - switch the compressor on or off.

Oh sorry, what I meant was the status on the ECU says the clutch is on and active, but doesn't seem to physically turn it on? I don't hear the click from the clutch itself and I don't get the cold air.

• 3 months later...

So, after a few months of playing around and studying wiring diagrams, I found that for whatever reason, my compressor clutch relay was getting around 3.5v to either side of the coil. One from the Aux2 Clutch output from the ECU and one from the AC Pressure switch. So I tried turning the Aux2 output OFF in the ECU and what do you know.. everything now works as intended.

Just a note for anyone trying the EvoLink G4+ for Evo1-3 in the SSG RVR :P