[UPDATE] PCLink 5.6.6.3564 (on hold)

TechDave

47 minutes ago, Rob W said:

I have just downloaded 5.6.5.3388b.

When I go to add to the Parameters List on the logging page I click on a folder and it adds every parameter in it rather than letting me choose what I want.

don't double click on the folder, it is a feature that adds all parameters under that folder, just click once to expand , then select the one you want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, TechDave said:

G4+ Firmware Version 5.6.6.3557 – 15/08/2018

Solenoid Idle Speed Control now shows status correctly.

• Stepper Idle Speed Control now stops at the Minimum Clamp.

Post any issues you have here, rather than starting new threads, or my favourite, at the bottom of a completely unrelated thread.

Hi,

I am still seeing an invalid status for the Idle Status (in 5.6.6).  It shows as a static name (usually crank %DC) even when it is active as per the following screenshot.  The only way I can tell if ignition idle is active is by monitoring the Ignition Idle Value.  Is this me or still a bug? 

I am not using an idle valve only ignition idle control, which might be the reason?  Even so, I would still expect the status to display something like "Inc. RPM" or "Dec. RPM" the same as when idle status is working with ethrottle for instance.

Thanks,

Richard.

Clipboard01.jpg

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

Hi Richard, This would be normal to me as you are not using the Idle control mode that the status is linked to it is expecting there to be an output for ISC solenoid of stepper. 

ok fair enough, but is there any way you can add the "Ignition idle control" value to the Idle speed section of the Aux Functions Runtime Value?  That would help a lot for tuning idle.

Or alternatively show the idle ignition value under the ignition tab somewhere and also not show Ign Table 1 as active when it isn't...

TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why you'd buy a different ecu with this lack of update being the reason...  doesn't make any sense to me.  I've got 4x G4+ ECU's across my cars and none have any issues in everyday operation that I'm desperate for an update.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to get really anoid of the total silence from the Link team. it would be decent if youcould give me some hint when in time you have the new release planned?

Just give me a hint and I consider if a change of brand is nescessary because this has taken far to long time to fix. Other brands seems to be more "on their toes" so I'm not going to waste time waiting for something that never going to happens and promised when purchasing the product.

/Hans

6 hours ago, a6_quattro said:

I'm starting to get really anoid of the total silence from the Link team. it would be decent if youcould give me some hint when in time you have the new release planned?

Just give me a hint and I consider if a change of brand is nescessary because this has taken far to long time to fix. Other brands seems to be more "on their toes" so I'm not going to waste time waiting for something that never going to happens and promised when purchasing the product.

/Hans

Ive had nothing but good experience with all the tech guys. As for firmware updates the last one before it was pulled I had no issues with it. In regards to the closed loop e throttle problem you have had did you ever end up answering Adam in his last post?

4 minutes ago, StijnDvx said:

can someone please give a eta ? 

I tested what I understood to be the last few fixes for 5.6.6 on Friday so I can only say it is getting close, but I dont have an ETA.  They will still need to add all the different language translations and stuff in and then check it installs and works correctly for everybody from there before final public release.

If there is some specific fix that you are waiting on, let me know and I will give you a test version.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

I tested what I understood to be the last few fixes for 5.6.6 on Friday so I can only say it is getting close, but I dont have an ETA.  They will still need to add all the different language translations and stuff in and then check it installs and works correctly for everybody from there before final public release.

If there is some specific fix that you are waiting on, let me know and I will give you a test version.

i want to disable the input speed on the idle with the dbw that was an issue 

Can someone send me a drop box link or similar to the latest un-released PC Link 5.6.6 Please.

My tuner has updated the firmware on my ECU and i'm now unable to connect with the older version obviously. He had to update it to solve the fuel pump speed control bug.

He's a busy man and getting it from him will take time ^_^.

Too big to email to me no doubt.

Regards,

7 hours ago, StijnDvx said:

i want to disable the input speed on the idle with the dbw that was an issue 

Have had that issu as well, put iff you set something as a wheels speed, it stops happening 

5 hours ago, Kitto said:

Can someone send me a drop box link or similar to the latest un-released PC Link 5.6.6 Please.

My tuner has updated the firmware on my ECU and i'm now unable to connect with the older version obviously. He had to update it to solve the fuel pump speed control bug.

He's a busy man and getting it from him will take time ^_^.

Too big to email to me no doubt.

Regards,

You can also reinstall older firmware, in the update firmware tab, choose a older firmware, and install it

8 hours ago, Shedley said:

You can also reinstall older firmware, in the update firmware tab, choose a older firmware, and install it

I don't want to install the older firmware as it has a fuel pump speed control issue that the new 5.6.6 fixed. There was also an update to live lambda map tables of some description which my tuner wants my vehicle to use.

All i need is PC Link.

• 2 weeks later...

If I use the PClink 5.6.5 software and try to connect to an ecu with the 5.6.6 firmware, will I be locked out with the possibility of loosing my current .pcl file?

I had my car tuned around the time the 5.6.6 software was released and pretty sure my tuner updated the firmware before tuning. Car runs great, but I wanted to fiddle with some of the launch control settings before an event, but just want to make sure I dont get locked out by trying to do so.

2 minutes ago, DSORDA said:

If I use the PClink 5.6.5 software and try to connect to an ecu with the 5.6.6 firmware, will I be locked out with the possibility of loosing my current .pcl file?

I had my car tuned around the time the 5.6.6 software was released and pretty sure my tuner updated the firmware before tuning. Car runs great, but I wanted to fiddle with some of the launch control settings before an event, but just want to make sure I dont get locked out by trying to do so.

No, nothing bad can happen.  If the ecu has 5.6.6 firmware it just won’t connect to 5.6.5. If you can’t connect send me a pm and I will give you the latest test release to use.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:29 AM, tigerli529 said:

omg! my ecu is 5.6.6.3557,but my pc only 5.6.5,so, Who can help me give me a 5.6.6 link

Send an email to [email protected] and we can get you sorted. Or alternatively you can roll back the firmware to 5.6.5 using the 5.6.5 pclink. (firmware can be changed with our PC link not needing to connect)

On 1/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Simon said:

Or alternatively you can roll back the firmware to 5.6.5 using the 5.6.5 pclink. (firmware can be changed with our PC link needing to connect.

Sorry, can you explain how? I didn't think you could connect to a newer firmware with an older version.

3 minutes ago, Richard Hill said:

Sorry, can you explain how? I didn't think you could connect to a newer firmware with an older version.

It’s exactly the same process as doing a firmware update, just you choose an older version from the selection box.  So, open up pc link but donot connect, if you use auto connect then just click ok to the pop up that tells you the software is version is too old or whatever.  Then ecu controls>update firmware as per normal.