[UPDATE] PCLink 5.6.6.3564 (on hold)

TechDave

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

It’s exactly the same process as doing a firmware update, just you choose an older version from the selection box.  So, open up pc link but donot connect, if you use auto connect then just click ok to the pop up that tells you the software is version is too old or whatever.  Then ecu controls>update firmware as per normal.

Brilliant, that's useful to know.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Do you think possible with the firmware will be  ECU calculate the consumption of fuel?

We enter the capacity of fuel we put on car and the ecu calculate how much is used?

Motec & Magneti Marelli have this function.

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, Simon said:

Hi all

We have found that the 5.6.6 software is not happy connecting to firmware versions prior to 5.6.5. and the tune can be lost if not saved prior in PC link 5.6.5. 

We have decided to remove this update from the website for the time until we can resolve the issue. 

Really glad I checked here 6 months after downloading and updating to 5.6.6; about to plug into a racecar this weekend and do not want this to happen. That would have made my day.

I install as updates come out so I always have a version to connect to clients cars that don't come from me. I never saw any email saying to not use it, or did I get one and only had a man look...?

Luckily I checked the Downloads page against my version to see if I had latest, was wondering why I'd have a newer one... and then found this thread. :unsure: Not cool.

13 hours ago, rtwx said:

Really glad I checked here 6 months after downloading and updating to 5.6.6; about to plug into a racecar this weekend and do not want this to happen. That would have made my day.

I install as updates come out so I always have a version to connect to clients cars that don't come from me. I never saw any email saying to not use it, or did I get one and only had a man look...?

Luckily I checked the Downloads page against my version to see if I had latest, was wondering why I'd have a newer one... and then found this thread. :unsure: Not cool.

If you have already updated you will be fine, I upgraded over 25 customers to this version before it was pulled, always back up your map before doping firmware updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, TechDave said:

Hey everyone, 

I know you've been hanging out for this one.

PCLink Version 5.6.6 3564 (DLL rev 3544) 15/08/2018

New Features

• Right Mouse Click on a time plot to add a marker or section.
  • File Directory tab in Options window lets the user specify a folder to always load from/save to
  • Hinged axis titles in Surface View.
  • Locked Surface view (similar to old surface view behaviour)
  • Chinese language added coming soon
  • Spanish language added also coming soon

Changes

• Some lists have had their default layout changed (alphabetical still works)
  • Minor improvements to the Logging Setup window.
  • Minor improvements to parameter selection.
  • Improved b marker drawing on the time plot.
  • Changed how parameter colours are named (see Parameter Menu and Setting up a Dial Gauges Runtime Values for details).
  • Improved consistency of keyboard shortcut keys across PCLink.
  • Searching CAN Parameters now takes into account transmit/receive filter.

Fixes

• Fixed few bugs with saving log files and holding F8 key.
  • Fixed bug in Aux Output where Diff Fuel Pressure was not triggering correctly.
  • Fixed bug with compare file and cell colours not changing.
  • Fixed bug where PCLink would crash if the computer (laptop) was put to sleep.
  • Fixed Cal tables 1-3 from wrapping around when output table start is set to a -ve number.
  • FP Speed Table now resizes correctly when double clicked.
  • DI14 now displays wheel speed label properly.
  • Imperial units in table axis setup improved.
  • Surface Graph fixed for Nvidia graphics chipsets.

G4+ Firmware Version 5.6.6.3557 – 15/08/2018

New Features

• Added trigger modes for LS2 with moved cam sensor, Rover K series with CAM sync, Nissan VQ35HR and Mitsubishi Colt 4g15.
  • Added Astra CAN mode.
  • Added Single-Point Every TDC Injection Mode to activate all injectors on every TDC for throttle body injection kits.
  • Added CAN stream for Link AIM MXS Strada Dash.

Changes

• Added 3D tables option to Closed Loop Lambda FTrim Limit.
  • Added options to GPOutputs.
  • Added Cruise Control power toggle switch mode.

Fixes

• Remove unused settings from Kurofune and Monsoon.
  • CLL dual channel mode now controls the second bank.
  • AFR average is now averaged correctly.
  • Add 3D Secondary Injection Deadtime table.
  • Fuel Pump FP table now interpolates correctly.
  • Knock Control High RPM lockout has been increased.
  • Gear Status can now be written from CAN input.
  • Fuel pump mode “80Hz 33/66/100 %DC” now reports duty cycle correctly.
  • Cylinders 9-12 now trigger injectors when configured as Semi-Sequential Injection.
  • Solenoid Idle Speed Control now shows status correctly.
  • Stepper Idle Speed Control now stops at the Minimum Clamp.

As always, make sure you save your basemap, do the firmware update, load your basemap, then do a compare to check changes.

https://www.linkecu.com/software-support/pc-link-downloads/

Post any issues you have here, rather than starting new threads, or my favourite, at the bottom of a completely unrelated thread.

In G4+frmware  New Features you list  :    Added single point every TDC injection mode to activate all injectors on every TDC for throttle body injection kits. Can you elaborate on this please.

Is this for engines with a single throttle body but with an injector in every port .  Is this a way to make the engine operate without a cam sensor. Is the injection still sequentially timed as opposed to batch fire when all injectors fire at once. If the injectors fire every turn instead of every second turn does the Link automatically halve the pulse width to compensate.  Regards,  John Appel

4 hours ago, John Appel said:

Is this for engines with a single throttle body but with an injector in every port .  Is this a way to make the engine operate without a cam sensor. Is the injection still sequentially timed as opposed to batch fire when all injectors fire at once. If the injectors fire every turn instead of every second turn does the Link automatically halve the pulse width to compensate.  Regards,  John Appel

Hi John,

I dont personally agree with this strategy but it was added on request of one of our engineers.  The scenario it was designed for was something like the common American V8, 4 barrel throttle body injection kits.  These look just like a 4 barrel carburettor but have 4 injectors inside feeding 8 different length port runners.  The manifold designs that they use are often terrible for fuel/air distribution and charge robbing etc. The idea with this strategy was to fire all injectors together every TDC to try to get better distribution.  The bit I dont agree with is this means you are firing the injectors 8 times every 720deg, that means the pulse width is 1/8 of normal and there are 8 x deadtimes every cycle.  I can really only see it working on a low power engine with small injectors and you will need very accurate injector deadtimes.  This effect wouldnt be so bad on a 2 cylinder however.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Adamw said:

Hi John,

I don't personally agree with this strategy but it was added on request of one of our engineers.  The scenario it was designed for was something like the common American V8, 4 barrel throttle body injection kits.  These look just like a 4 barrel carburetor but have 4 injectors inside feeding 8 different length port runners.  The manifold designs that they use are often terrible for fuel/air distribution and charge robbing etc. The idea with this strategy was to fire all injectors together every TDC to try to get better distribution.  The bit I don't agree with is this means you are firing the injectors 8 times every 720 deg, that means the pulse width is 1/8 of normal and there are 8 x deadtimes every cycle.  I can really only see it working on a low power engine with small injectors and you will need very accurate injector deadtimes.  This effect wouldn't be so bad on a 2 cylinder however.

I haven't got into this config yet but I'm running 8 ITB's not a common 4 barrel kit.  am I going to run into this batch injector firing issue as well?

• Simon unpinned and locked this topic