Trigger issues with atom set up?

mikemac44

Hi,I have wired a g4 plus atom to a Nissan 260z.it is running a Nissan 280zx intercooler turbo engine L28e 6 cylinder,using the distributor from the same vehicle which has CAS in distributor.I have replaced the disc with a 24/1 disc.I have configured triggers as...trigger mode multi tooth/trigger priority set to trig 1/rpm filtering 1 default. Trigger 1 optical/hall.filtering level 1.trigger pull up on.trigger edge falling.multi tooth pos =cam.tooth count 24.Trigger 2 optical/ hall.filtering level1.pull up on.edge falling.sync mode to cam pulse 1x but I am unable to set base timing as I have no spark.On cranking i do get trig 1 and trig 2 boxes going green.Do you have any suggestions what to check next.thanks

Your trigger setup sounds correct.  Is there RPM displayed when cranking?  Possibly the trigger 1 & 2 wires inputs are swapped?  To confirm you can try back probing the trig 2 pin with a multimeter and slowly turn the dizzy by hand, you should only see it go to 5V once per rev.  

Hi Adam,no I was not getting rpm signal whilst cranking.I swapped trigger wires and left, the trigger settings as described prevously.Engine fired a few times and ran for a short time,not long enough to check with timing light.The engine sounds either retarded or advanced in ignition timing whilst it is trying to start.should I start trying to alter the timing figures in the calibration section,to see if I get a better start so I can then check timing with timing light and set timing figures.cheers

To initially set the base timing you can just set injection mode to "off".  The engine will then not try to start when your cranking so you can check timing with a timing light while cranking.  Once you have a timing mark somewhere in the ball park, then turn fuel back on and do a final check again once its running.