convert tune file from traditional to modelled

CMSport

hey guys, I've got an ECU that's tuned and running well but it's been done in traditional fuel mode and there are a few things confusing me... 

the biggest thing is that I'm used to setting up tune files in modeled fuel mode and am wondering if I can simply change the fuel setup over to modeled multi fuel mode without creating problems with the fuel map? 

one further kind of related question - I see that in the fuel setup help file it says that interpolate between can only be used for modeled or modeled multi-fuel. what will happen if traditional mode is used and interpolate between is selected? 

The Interpolate function will still work correctly with traditional mode as far as I can see, just its intent is for interpolation of VE (air flow) changes, so in traditional mode it will not make sense in terms of VE as the stoich ratio and fuel properties will not be factored into it. 

If you are doing flex fuel then you should use modelled multi-fuel mode.  If you are trying to achieve something else please give a bit more info so I can give it more thought.

thanks Adam... yes it's running flex fuel and I am in the process of converting the map to modeled but it's the way it's been setup so is what I've got to deal with for now

I only asked about the effect of traditional mode with interpolation as it's currently running two maps in traditional mode in this manner therefore, if it meant that it wasn't actually ever looking for the second map because this function didn't actually work, then I would deactivate it. but I'll leave it as is for the time being