Ecumaster display

powerboy

3 hours ago, powerboy said:

Thank Adamw.

Please help me to compare Aim 5" display (with gps and acc sensor) with Ecumaster display 5" in terms of pros and cons.

Are you just using as a display or are you wanting logging as well?  Is it going into a saloon car or some other application? 

I have never seen the ECU master one in real life - only helped set one up remotely, so cant comment much about its visual performance.  I do know some of the AIM range quite well though and can comment on some of the functional differences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:49 AM, Adamw said:

Yes, I helped someone set one up a few weeks ago.  It has a template for the Link Generic Dash Stream built in, but the CAN is also fully configurable.  I added ethanol % without much drama.  It can only be programmed over CAN so you need to buy their USB to CAN device also.

Hello Adamw, I don't understand how exactly I connect to ecumaster adu to link ecu with can bus. I need to wire Can L with 120 ohm resistor to adu Can L pin and also Can H with 120 ohm resistor to adu Can H pin ? 

Untitled.jpg

Proper CAN bus wiring should have a 120 ohm resistor across CAN H & L at each end of the bus.  The Link ECU has a termination resistor already built-in so the ECU end of the bus is already taken care of, you just need one resistor connected between H&L somewhere near the dash - I usually just crimp the resistor into the terminals with the wire in the connector.  

Effectively like this (except CAN wires should be twisted together for most of their length:

3vTf6uk.png

How I usually do the termination resistor for a road car:

6kNShLW.png

Then fill the back of the connector with RTV after assembly:

EAXzvnm.png

I have the  ADU 7 connected to my link storm and all works fine. 

You can also connect the link straight to the ADU on “CAN 2” without an external resistance, ADU software has the option to add the can bus terminator. But you need to activate it.

adu can.png

can link.png

link can 2.png

I can copy the last version of my ADU to confirm you all details if you need them to run your one but will need to be during the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, Simon_s13 said:

I have the  ADU 7 connected to my link storm and all works fine. 

You can also connect the link straight to the ADU on “CAN 2” without an external resistance, ADU software has the option to add the can bus terminator. But you need to activate it.

adu can.png

can link.png

link can 2.png

I can copy the last version of my ADU to confirm you all details if you need them to run your one but will need to be during the weekend.

This is on Link g4+ civic plugin ecu, I think there is only 1 can bus. Can I use same settings for can1 ?