Link G4+ Kurofune and HKS F-CON TP5-1 - JZA80 wont start

mkp1982

Greetings from Finland!

I am new here and have a little problem:I I have -94 Supra automatic (2JZ-GTE) which have been converted to single turbo. I have Link G4+ Kurofune engine management and HKS F-CON TPS-1 harness. Have been trying to start the car but MAP-sensor sigal is missing: value shown 0,5. Throttle information values are also not right. If we take Kurofune out, car will start. With Kurofune it seems that car get way too much gasoline... Gasoline is injected with same chart that map-sensor. Any ideas what could be wrong?.

Thanks

On 9/15/2018 at 2:51 AM, Adamw said:

The HKS harness will usually route the TP sensor to AN Volt 4 and the MAP sensor to AN Volt 6, do you have these inputs assigned correctly?

Hi! Thank you very much.  Yes actually those were not assigned correctly, now it have been fixed. Car still won´t start but it´s trying better than last time. One thing I noticed with TP calibration: it seems to go allright. But when you look at the chart that shows it: If you do not press the pedal value is 0% (like it should) however when you press the pedal even slightly it jumps straight to 100% and there is nothing in between. 

9 hours ago, mkp1982 said:

Checked the harness, it is routed as follows TP--> AN6 and map-->AN4 

No I think you are wrong, these should be the opposite, like I mentioned originally.  I can see in your tune file that MAP was reading 7Kpa, it should be reading about 100KPa when the engine is not running.  In every F-Con pinout I have (several) pin 14 (AN Volt 6) is MAP.  You should easily be able to confirm by moving the throttle pedal and seeing which AN volt changes.

Also, the HKS harness has the coils/injectors wired in firing order rather than cylinder order so you have to enter the firing order in PC Link as 123456.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:25 AM, Adamw said:

No I think you are wrong, these should be the opposite, like I mentioned originally.  I can see in your tune file that MAP was reading 7Kpa, it should be reading about 100KPa when the engine is not running.  In every F-Con pinout I have (several) pin 14 (AN Volt 6) is MAP.  You should easily be able to confirm by moving the throttle pedal and seeing which AN volt changes.

Also, the HKS harness has the coils/injectors wired in firing order rather than cylinder order so you have to enter the firing order in PC Link as 123456.

Thank you very much, you were absolutely right. These settings are now corrected. Car still wont start, we have to check triggers with timing light next. When firing order was wrong there was little bit of a backfire :) now it does not even promise. Is there anything that we should keep in mind while we do this? I´ll attach updated tune file.

markus testi.pclr

Your timing could be 360 out so you are firing on the exchaust stroke. Try changing it from -6 to +354 and see if it wants to fire.

Your fuel table also looks very flat. It will probably still start but will run very rich at idle and low RPM. Have a look at the monsoon base map for some good default numbers for modelled fuel mode.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:26 PM, cj said:

Your timing could be 360 out so you are firing on the exchaust stroke. Try changing it from -6 to +354 and see if it wants to fire.

Your fuel table also looks very flat. It will probably still start but will run very rich at idle and low RPM. Have a look at the monsoon base map for some good default numbers for modelled fuel mode.

Yes, timing was the problem. Now car starts. :) Thanks.

One more question: Where you can adjust idle rpm´s in the pc link?