Flat Shift

andrey

Trying to get the fastest  shifts, but time for 1/4 mile does not improve much. 

Initially i tried flat shift with ignition cut, but pop and bangs just destroyed my titanium exhaust.

I've attached settings and log file, please advise if something is wrong.

GearShiftControl Settings.jpg

Log 2018-09-27 10;00;05 pm ff 95 % cut.llg

Your log shows you only have a total torque reduction time of 250ms so you arent going to be able to improve it a lot assuming this is a synchro gearbox.  

With both the start cut and end cut set to DI, the ECU has to wait until the clutch is fully out before it can start removing the cut.  You could try changing end shift mode to time, so then you just get a fixed length of cut.  You can generally get a tighter shift cut doing this provided the driver is reasonably consistant with his shift speed. 

Something else might be worth a look... the boost control looks a bit odd?

As the RPM increases, the boost control goes from stage 1 to stage 2.... but not stage 3, it reverts back to stage 1 causing the boost to drop off. 

Wouldn't you want to maintain boost as far as possible?

image.png.670762cd71fc3e1c1cb058a0a6161dac.png

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your log shows you only have a total torque reduction time of 250ms so you arent going to be able to improve it a lot assuming this is a synchro gearbox.  

With both the start cut and end cut set to DI, the ECU has to wait until the clutch is fully out before it can start removing the cut.  You could try changing end shift mode to time, so then you just get a fixed length of cut.  You can generally get a tighter shift cut doing this provided the driver is reasonably consistant with his shift speed. 

For me it seems there is some delay of power introduction. 

With 80 % shift cut and -25° Ignition it felt more.

Today i will try with 70-80% fuel cut and see the results..

1 hour ago, TimmyD said:

Something else might be worth a look... the boost control looks a bit odd?

As the RPM increases, the boost control goes from stage 1 to stage 2.... but not stage 3, it reverts back to stage 1 causing the boost to drop off. 

Wouldn't you want to maintain boost as far as possible?

Stock turbo doesn't hold a high boost pressure so..

Attached log with 1.6bar of boost, here loooks ok

Log 2018-09-27 9;38;10 pm 1.6 ff.llg

• 1 year later...

@Adamw I seems to have the same problem as Im using End shift mode as Digital input. What if I change to Time mode, the ideal timing length shall I go for sequential gear box? I use gear knob from SQS which is not load cell but work as clutch switch inside which make more slower action I guess.

ps. If u can attached sample file would be dope.

• 7 months later...

After some changes (specifically wideband and onboard map change) I asked my tunner to connect in with the team view and fix it. That's what happened, but after the changes he made, the flat shift and the launch control have problems. The program is locked with a password.

I reconnected the computer and noticed that while I was pressing the clutch permanently the switch clutch indicator was flashing with some frequency.

I connected the digital input directly to another cable in ground and it does the same.

What may have happened?