Unlocking ECU???

Bumblebee

Recently had the car tuned, got it back and the ECU is locked. This was not discussed before the work was done, and I have never had anyone lock my ecu before.
I've spoken to the workshop about it, and I was told it is locked so that others can't learn their tuning techniques. I even asked if I could some sort of contract written up saying I won't modify the tune or show anyone else, but I was just ignored. I like to fiddle with little things on the ecu, nothing that has anything to do with the tuning, as I don't know enough to tune it, but little things that won't do any damage. I am unable to do that now, and after spending a couple thousand dollars on a tune, I would expect to be able to have some sort of access to my cars ecu.

Apart from the little things I want to look at and fiddle with, there are quiet a few things that need changing/adjusting on the car. The workshop has said I am able to drive to the workshop (40 mins away), and they will change it, but the rare time I have available is usually late of a night, or on the weekends. I even arranged a time on the weekend, drove all the way there, and was told they were too busy to help.

The main concerns I'm needing at the moment are;
- Wideband is switched off, so some safety features aren't working and need it back on
- Cruising map is really bad down low, undriveable below 2k rpm
- IACV kept opening and closing, so rpm was moving too much on idle. I had to try adjusting the BISS close to what I though the idle what set too, and now idles much better, but still prefer to have it set correctly.

So is there anyway of getting my ecu unlocked, as the workshop will not help, and I can't afford to have it tuned by another workshop for a while.

1 hour ago, JAM said:

haha, we're sharing the same doubt.. now it's cleared, guess I'll have to re-tune it from scratch...

Do we hit format/ reset ecu setting in order to tune it from scratch?

No, just load one of our basemaps out of the PC Link basemap folder. 

Note before you "overwrite it" I suggest that you save a copy of the existing protected map as you can always load that back in if you get stuck.  Also before overwriting, have a look at the runtimes screen and note down (or take screenshots) what functions are assigned to aux outputs, analog inputs, and DI's like pictured below.  Having this info will make it easier to set up the new map.

DFemGzU.png

• 3 weeks later...

sorry its locked, there is no place in 2018 for locked tunes. make sure you tell all your friends the workshop does this. its a beginners trap if you arent advised upfront and find its locked later. can you still read logs off the ECU when its locked? you could reverse look at the logs to see how its tuned etc.....