2µF Suppressor, what type can it be or must be?

Miguel Silva

The Nissan trigger system is a bit of a mystery. For them to go to the trouble of creating a trigger with so many teeth...optical for supposedly better resolution or something...and then to stick it on a camshaft on the end of a belt !!!

The designers must have been eating Vodka laced sushi that day

Really it should be one of the first things to throw into the bin and move to a crank trigger when tuning any of them.

Haha. As i understand it the stock ecus dont code them like the aftermarket ones do. Ie they dont read the 360 slots as position the way one would think. Its pretty trick as i understand it. And i guess it works good "enough" for stock cars as they was intended to be. But as soon as you start modifying stuff all goes down the drain. But i agree, putting it at the end of a cam connected to the crank via a rubberband seems somewhat... out.

I`ve heard about several tuners that simply refuse to tune them unless triggered properly

12 hours ago, Steve said:

tuners that simply refuse to tune them unless triggered properly

How bad can it be? If most of the top ones use the stock ecu and I think you can't configure other trigger encoders on Nistune and/or chips.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan--300ZX-Dyno-Sheets.html

Because as he said, the factory ecu was designed to work with that trigger, so it is capable of doing a better job than aftermarket units.

Maybe Nissan ignore the multitooth aspect once running or something, and pay more attention to the phase side of the trigger etc which with less teeth would be less prone to inaccuracy problems.

Steve Jakobsen, did you get a kit with mounting bracket, trigger wheel and sensor on your Ross Performance or did you have to fish around? are there option for 60 teeth wheels?

Even with the replacement of the CAS to the AEM one, is it advisable to get one of this?
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=500

And stock timing belt or the reinforced one?
https://conceptzperformance.com/gates-racing-super-strong-kevlar-blue-timing-belt-vg30de-vg30dett-nissan-300zx-z32-t251rb_p_1006.php

Comparing this images:

650HP NISTUNE 300ZX (red) from a friend

370HP 300ZX (blue) My car

310HP RX7 FD (Green) My car

The first image no smoothing both Nissans RPM ROC is completely crazy making the chart useless, the RX7 is pretty stable, the second image has smoothing but how reliable is it if the data is crap!979817393_VirtualDynoS0.thumb.png.d29cc8699fce936d1df445f4591d9957.png2050618776_VirtualDynoS1.thumb.png.186bbe421e326fa30b1d16ea8ce79a7d.png

I got mine before Ross started making it for the VG. That only happend after i had a "campaign" going to open peoples eyes in the z community about this problem. Mine is actually one of the "Race dampers" from ATI that i custom ordered directly from ATI. Took me 6 months to get it and cost me about 1200 usd at the time. You are better of with Ross. They do not make 60-2 setups, no.

Sensor brackets you are going to have to fab up yourself. No premade kits for sale as far as i know. Yet.

You dont NEED a new CAS pin but it doesnt hurt either. No benefit from it though. Other than longer life i suppose.

Stock belt is fine.

Yeah Viritual Dyno is useless with the stock CAS. Been there done that.

There are any number of trigger wheels available in terms of size, diameter, tooth setup, it shouldnt be too difficult to fab something up for a solid reliable trigger.

On my old RV8 and now LS, I just machined the rear side of the crank pulley a little then welded a 36-1 wheel onto them and added a VR sensor ( done before the LS 24x was accommodated on most systems, although the 24x wheel they use is shite and I wouldnt use it now anwyay )

Trigger setups can be done very cheaply if you want. My wheel and sensor would easily be less than £100 total.