Dry Nitrous with 5d fueling

434josh

I just wanted to make sure I have the right idea here. 

Turbocharged v8 with a large turbo which doesn't start to spool until 4300 rpm. Want to run a regressive dry n2o shot starting at 2700 rpm and tapering away to nothing by 180kpa or so. 

I am already spraying meth so i am using the 4d fuel and spark table to pull fuel and add timing when its active and the 5d to add fuel/reduce timing for the n2o. Will the 4d/5d tables when set to overlay be cohesive? If one is adding 2* but the other is pulling 1* it will all jive and add 1* total? Same with the fuel. Meth starts spraying around 170 kpa so there will be a small overlap. 

Any tips on how much fuel to add to start with? 100% duty will be 150hp shot. Not sure if there is any sort of calculation to determine how much extra fuel % to add. 

Its on e85 and max IDC I see is 57% at 6500 rpm and 15 psi of boost. (2100cc injectors)653763581_n2osetup.thumb.JPG.7ec1cee13148d7f03f194af3f1565feb.JPG

3 hours ago, 434josh said:

am already spraying meth so i am using the 4d fuel and spark table to pull fuel and add timing when its active and the 5d to add fuel/reduce timing for the n2o. Will the 4d/5d tables when set to overlay be cohesive? If one is adding 2* but the other is pulling 1* it will all jive and add 1* total? Same with the fuel. Meth starts spraying around 170 kpa so there will be a small overlap. 

Yep, thats how it works and they will all work happily on top of each other.

3 hours ago, 434josh said:

Any tips on how much fuel to add to start with? 100% duty will be 150hp shot. Not sure if there is any sort of calculation to determine how much extra fuel % to add. 

I dont have any NOS experience but here is how my logic would approach it:

Lets say you have 600HP without NOS, to add another 150HP you will need about 25% more oxygen, so I would add about 25% more fuel in this example.  I would also set up some logic in my aux output conditions so that NOS is cut as some as any engine limiters are active to minimise the risk of a backfire.