Wheel Speed sensor

Wes H

Hi,

I'm resurrecting my 98 WRX and would like to hook up a wheel speed sensor to my G3+. I did a 6 speed conversion many moons ago, but the Legacy gearboxes don't have a speedo output.

Is it possible to tap into an existing ABS sensor? If so what's the best input to use?

(Yes I am aware the bell housing can be machined to fit a speedo drive, I'm attempting to avoid that right now if possible.) 

Thanks,

Wes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've just got my car going again, and received the signal converter from VEMS in Hungary quite a while ago, but haven't had a chance to wire it up to see if it works.

I'm hoping to get a chance to look at getting it wired into the car this weekend, and at the same time get my wideband connected to the ECU as well.

I eventually want to upgrade the firmware too, but as the car is also my daily driver I'll need to make sure that I have a full weekend free before I embark on that.

Will definitely let you know when I get around to wiring it up.

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2019 at 12:16 PM, Wes H said:

Hi Guys,

I've just got my car going again, and received the signal converter from VEMS in Hungary quite a while ago, but haven't had a chance to wire it up to see if it works.

I'm hoping to get a chance to look at getting it wired into the car this weekend, and at the same time get my wideband connected to the ECU as well.

I eventually want to upgrade the firmware too, but as the car is also my daily driver I'll need to make sure that I have a full weekend free before I embark on that.

Will definitely let you know when I get around to wiring it up.

How did this go?