G4+ Bluetooth

Fotis

I use USB over wifi for controlling my ECU remotely (my ECU is in the boot next to the engine so no long USB wires through the cabin).  I bought one of these from amazon which work great and are cheap :-

https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-mt300n-v2/

The hardware then needs reflashing with the virtual USB software:-

https://www.virtualhere.com/hardware

Powered with a 12V to 5V micro USB adapter, this gives you USB over WiFi, which should be significantly longer range than bluetooth.  The Virtual firmware is available on a few different platforms so it may be possible to extend the range even further.

HTH,

Richard.

Hi Richard can you give me more information about how i can set it up?

The perpose of this is to have wirelessly the dash and also allow me to do changes while the vehicle is running down the track.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, gtihk said:

Where can I get one please?

I got mine from ebay, try searching for "dc 12v to 5v USB" 

The WiFi module I use is USB powered

mango_1000x1000_2_1024x.thumb.jpg.00c8c82e9498cfe650d61fb872a2b3f9.jpg

This is a short range WiFi module, I have used it over a couple of metres through a fibreglass bulkhead or about 5 metres clear line of sight.  If you need more range then a different module with a higher power output and possibly an external aerial would be needed.  

4 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

The only problems I've seen have been due to firewall issues, if possible, try connecting with firewalls temporarily disabled.  Also, try ticking the reverse connection option. 

:wub:

On 4/10/2019 at 9:59 PM, Richard Hill said:

I got mine from ebay, try searching for "dc 12v to 5v USB

The WiFi module I use is USB powered

mango_1000x1000_2_1024x.thumb.jpg.00c8c82e9498cfe650d61fb872a2b3f9.jpg

This is a short range WiFi module, I have used it over a couple of metres through a fibreglass bulkhead or about 5 metres clear line of sight.  If you need more range then a different module with a higher power output and possibly an external aerial would be needed.  

Hi there im not tech savvy, so im just trying to understand how i can get this to work before buying stuff through ebay. 

so does the dc coverter power up the wifi module (yellow thing in the picture)?, im just not too sure where the USB cable plugs into after that from the LinkECU

Would anyone please explain in further details? just trying to get my head across how everything plugs in before i start buying stuff.

so the dc converter powers up the wifi module right? where does the usb cable from the link plug into after that?

Any help is appreciated 

The DC adaptor is just to supply power to the router, it plugs into the micro USB port that you see in the pic above next to the two Ethernet ports.  On the back of the router, not shown in the picture is a normal USB A port that the ecu tuning cable plugs into.  The Ethernet ports will not be used at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Fabio_jan said:

Hi everyone, I bought (and received yesterday) the GL-MT300N-v2 and we would like to know the step by step procedure to reflashing the firmware.

thanks in advance

https://www.virtualhere.com/hardware

CHOOSE THIS SECTION IF YOU HAVE A NEXX, GL-MT300N-V2, or GL-AR150
Are you running the stock firmware?
YES - Install the firmware image (below) on the router by flashing it with the built-in router configuration interface "System -> Firmware Update":

NEXX 3020F (Initial Image) cloudhub-nexx-initial.bin
GL-MT300N-V2 (Initial Image) - None required, the upgrade image (below) can be flashed immediately.
GL-AR150 (Initial Image) - None required, the upgrade image (below) can be flashed immediately.

NO - Since you are already running the VirtualHere CloudHub, bring up the Administration Interface by right clicking CloudHub_xxxx in the VirtualHere Client, select Properties -> Configure -> Enter Admin password->Advanced Button->Upgrade Firmware (The current settings will be remembered after the upgrade) :
NEXX 3020F (Upgrade Image) cloudhub-nexx-upgrade.bin
GL-MT300N-V2 (Upgrade Image) cloudhub-gl-mt300nv2-upgrade.bin
GL-AR150 (Upgrade Image) cloudhub-gl-ar150-upgrade.bin

Now continue at step 3. below.

HTH,

Richard