Bump box/creep control?

434josh

Would there be much interest in adding specific functionality of a trans brake bump/creep? I understand there probably isn't nearly the drag racer following here compared to other platforms like Holley or Megasquirt. 

I figure I could build my own with a SSR and a GP PWM output setting my own parameters but it would be nice to have along with the launch control setup. 

Thanks Adam. I figured that was possible for a single bump. Any ability to do a creep option? 

I have a standalone bump box (simple stage) that has a lot of adjustability however when taking it down to a reasonable amount of bump harshness i have to hit the button several times to move just a few inches so i was hoping to be able to get a creep/super fast multiple trigger even if I have to make the Link extreme feed into the simple stage. 

• 1 year later...

Hi Adam 

been running your Bump control in my G4 and have upgraded to G4X and having a few issues setting the virtual Aux1

when i get to function only gives me a option off on or off no GP output option as 

could you do a upgrade of your set up text file  for a G4x

I have latest version off PC link

Thanks

Tim

On 9/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, toy auto said:

Hi Adam 

been running your Bump control in my G4 and have upgraded to G4X and having a few issues setting the virtual Aux1

when i get to function only gives me a option off on or off no GP output option as 

could you do a upgrade of your set up text file  for a G4x

I have latest version off PC link

Thanks

Tim

Sorry, only just noticed this, Ill take a look tomorrow.  Can you attach your G4X map.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam

can you give a check over the set up and see if it all looks ok

was running a single crank trigger and wasted spark on coils and group fire

now 8 efi coils and sequential early model 1UZ got trigger set up from VVTI map so dont no cam trigger same

will attach old G4 map as well  

Thanks Tim

1uzstormx.pclx coils.pcl

Ok, your map attached with bump modified from above to work with G4X.  New pic below to show where to find the settings.  

On 9/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, toy auto said:

now 8 efi coils and sequential early model 1UZ got trigger set up from VVTI map so dont no cam trigger same

Your trigger setup is still wrong in your map as it is not clear what you have for triggers.  Can you explain better what you have on the cam and crank on your engine.

lh2OJhm.png

1uzstormx bump fixed.pclx

Hi Adam

loaded in work fine apart from the solenoid cycles once on key on cant recall old computer doing that but fuel pump not on and may not have heard it when pump going

is 1uz early

stock reluctors but crank has been changed to a 36/2 

that we were using for the wasted spark set up

now got cam stock set up using L/H cam reluctor trigger 2  

do we need to change back to stock 8 tooth crank wheel

does injection seem right with change from multi point group to sequential do we need to change

any other master fuel setting  

also do the dead time setting seem right for my Injector dynamics 1000cc

Thanks Tim

Trigger set-up below should work assuming you have a 36-2 crank wheel and a single tooth on the cam.  

I dont know what the offset will be but try 230 or -130.

orGGOOk.png

Most of your fuel settings are fine.  For deadtimes and short PW adder I would copy the values from ID's datasheet below:

VR808Bh.png

Thanks for that Adam  

start up -130 

running over rich (black smoke) to get running smooth master fuel down to 4 which seems very low compared to 14 on the group fire set up which is the fuel table a brought over to the G4X

before i adjust the fuel table down are i missing something?

running map and scope attached 

Thanks Tim

1uzcustom running.pclx TriggerScopeLog.llgx.llgx

have not changed injectors but was running incorrect dead times

have found the Fuel table was different  have fitted the G4 one now will try again on Wednesday night 

should i expect the settings to be close between the old g4storm on group fire and the new stormX on sequential if noting else in fuel system has been changed

Thanks Tm

• 10 months later...

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.79f92b35281e1b9307601bb7bdc7ea2c.jpgUntitled2.thumb.jpg.61bb6e893e89a569d4987fa13eb52db4.jpgHi All,

I have set up my transbrake and bump in as per above and have tested the functions while the car is on stands and it is working like it should. (I am yet to test it on the strip.

I would like to add a digital input (reverse switch is on DI 6) so when the transmission is placed into reverse the ECU will activate the Transbrake solid state relay so I can reverse without pressing the transbrake button.

I have attached my "Bump Box" page set up.

• 2 years later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:24 PM, Adamw said:

Attached a pic and a text file note of a set up I done for a local guy a couple of years ago, it has since been used by quite a few and seems to do it ok.  This gives a single bump per press, it doesnt do the "hold down to creep".

I7DGM1q.png

Bump Box Function explanation.txt 883 B · 23 downloads

Gday Adam. What is the Aux 1 GP PWM DC table setup ? 

Cheers mate 

On 4/13/2019 at 9:24 PM, Adamw said:

Attached a pic and a text file note of a set up I done for a local guy a couple of years ago, it has since been used by quite a few and seems to do it ok.  This gives a single bump per press, it doesnt do the "hold down to creep".

I7DGM1q.png

Bump Box Function explanation.txt 883 B · 23 downloads

Gday Adam. What is the Aux 1 GP PWM DC table setup ? 

Cheers mate 

I understand what it does... Just want what the axis are mate 

Thanks Adam. Learn something new everyday thanks to you..

My transbrake solenoid is now pulsing extremely fast and bump button is working intermittently.. bump button works fine and DI6 is on when button is pushed.. so not sure what's happening. I've tripped checked the settings to yours and all checks out. 

I'm assuming the trans solenoid shouldn't be pulsating like it is...