Birdgeport driveability?

DriftCentral

What's your load axis currently? 

If you are using MAP you might find its beneficial to switch over to a TPS based load axis at lower load where map is unstable. 

Out of interest do you have any logs you could post up? 

And what kind of intake is on it?

• 3 years later...

unfortunately i dont have any logs but i will post one as soon as i have access to the car again, its has a 90mm RW throttle, and a xessesive LIM. i may have another which may have same or similar issues, sorry for the late reply, hope to get back to you soon with that log btw its g4 unit and yes im using map as load, do you think its advisable to use bap/map xover  ?

If its a NA engine then yes TP on the fuel table and BAP as the load equation source will be the best option for fueling.  

However that is probably not going to help much, a bridgeport "jerking" is nothing out of the ordinary...  With the new window cut into the combustion chamber this means the intake port never closes, usually the main port is significantly opened up and the exhaust port is raised at the same time, so you have massive overlap, usually coupled with a very low mass flywheel - so the same reason it pulses at idle is the reason it pulses when driving at low RPM.  Even stock engines do the overun surge which is why they had fluid coupling flywheels etc on the luxury models.  

You may be able to tame it a little by running quite retarded ign timing in the RPM range it occurs, but you need to watch EGT as well. 

thanks for the reply, its a boosted FD engine and yes i totally get what you're saying and yes that particular engine porting was pushed as much mechanically possible. 

Was hoping there is something i may not be aware of :( which would have helped smoothen things out a bit , just my luck :D