Please look at this log & tune file & tell me what you think

WANG Computers

Hi, had my S3 retuned a couple of weeks ago - she made 491 WHP but tuner said it was starting to run lean so we backed it off to 465.

Can someone please have a look at this very quick log I just did & see if the ignition timing etc looks ok?

I will attach the base map soon as well -THANKS

2.llg

Im sure this is the base map it is running

AUDI_3071_02_REDUCED_IDLE.pclr

Those stats are potentially quite old - 2315 starts & 272hours of engine runtime. it may be time to clear them out.

In this particular log, inj DC only hits 52% and ECU temp is 37-38 deg which is fine.

Your Lambda sensor is not connected in this log so we cant comment much on fuelling or the possible lean condition your tuner talks about. Your injectors however are no where near maxed out, so if you are running out of fuel, and increasing the numbers in your fuel table does not help, you might want to get a fuel pressure sensor installed and check that you aren't losing pressure (ie that your pump can flow enough, filter not blocked, big enough lines, etc).

There are no trigger or cam errors, and your dwell looks consistent, so no obvious evidence of timing issues. I have no idea if your ignition angles are "good" for this engine as i'm not familiar with them. They look reasonably normal for a modern 4cyl turbo though. 

What specifically are you concerned about?

That is great info from both of you thanks.

Im not concerned with the tune - I trust the bloke that did it, but we were very rushed at the end so I didn’t get time to discuss the hardware/setup of this car. I’ve only owned it for a month and all mods were done a few years ago. 

Also this is my first log so I wanted to check I was doing that right as well.

It shouldn’t be running lean now - sure doesn’t feel like it as we set it for 465WHP - when it pulled 491WHP on the dyno it was starting to lean out.

the injectors are id2000s and it runs straight E85 - good to know I don’t have a way to measure fuel pressure - I wasn’t sure if there was a sensor somewhere. I have read that 500WHP is getting to the limit of the fuel lines (I have 2 good pumps)

likewise with the 5 wire o2 sensor- it is installed and wired to something but not to the ecu for some reason. It has a second WB sensor that just feeds a innovate gauge but the display is now dead:inactive so I hope a new sensor fixes that.

Also it has a EGT probe in the dump pipe that is wired into the loom, but I can’t see that input on the ecu either.

Thanks again 

bit of a caveat - we can only see what is *configured* in the ECU. If something is wired up but the input is configured as disabled, we wont see it in your log or config.

The only inputs you have configured are coolant & intake temp, MAP, 4x inputs from pedal and throttle position, and 2x lambda sensors, neither of which gives a useful reading, then wheel speed, brake & clutch switches, AC state, and ethanol % & temp as Digital inputs.  I don't think its the case, but you may also be getting some info in via CAN with the pre-defined audiTT can config you have set up. You don't have any multi-fuel setup so even though the ECU knows you have ~80% ethanol, it does not apply any corrections because of this value - if you ever change to non-E85 or get low quality E85, your tune will not compensate for this.

The innovate LC1 it looks like you have on ANVolt9 is outputting its the max rich voltage the whole time, so its clearly not working right - maybe dead sensor to match your gauge? 

The narrwoband sensor you have configured on ANvolt8 is similarly reading a constant, junk value, which is so low it may not even be hooked up (max lean value). This type of sensor is borderline useless anyway even if it works so I wouldnnt bother trying to fix it.

The 5 wire o2 sensors typically need an external controller to convert the signals into something the ECU can use, then either CAN or a voltage input to the ECU. follow the wires and see where they connect? Your gauge will have a version of this controller inside it for the second o2 sensor. Similarly, an EGT probe needs a controller and cannot connect directly to the ECU

Wow that is a bucket load on info for me to work through, I’m going to need expert help on this.

so your saying the log does display ethanol content? Because I still can’t find where that is displayed- It should be a lot closer to 100% ethanol though. 

I will buy a new sensor for the innovate gauge and see if that fixes the input or gets the gauge going again.

Thanks again - I REALLY appreciate the help

One other thing, both o2 sensors are 5 wire so it seems odd that an input is configured for narrow band (I thought all 5 wire sensors were WBo2)

Yep, the value you want is "% ethanol", but through some quirk of the UI, if you search for either "%" or "ethanol" you wont find it. filter by "alphabetical" and its the very first one. Yours bounces between 78 & 79% in that log. The same sensor provides eth% and fuel temp, all over the same digital input.

image.png.4c589eddb37684515bdb2cbc1b5d485e.png

Just a guess, but the second O2 sensor (or its controller) may not be wired to anvolt8. Its quite possible this was the factory wiring input for a narrowband o2 sensor, and isnt connected to anything at all right now. You could try changing one or both of these to "voltage 0-5v" so they log the raw values received, then drive to the end of the road and back. The voltages you receive should give you some idea if any device is connected to that pin. 

I'm sure somewhere there is an OEM sensor that has 5 wires on a narrowband sensor, but you are correct that any of the common bosch 4.2 or 4.9 5-wire sensors are wideband.