Adding switch for dual maps

Guest |471|

Guest |471|

OK I need to add a switch for dual maps in my EVO 9, I am currently using a V44 plug in board, will then drop it up for the tuner to set up.

Having done a bit of reading it looks as though a Digital input could be used but DI1-6 are used ?

I have been given the XS Loom (expansion connector) assume this is needed ? how is the switch best set up, ie to ground ?

Thanks for any help.

Volt 6 is available on the expansion connector. This can be used as a switch input for your dual maps. The Volt input will need a pullup resistor added. This is a 1k 1/4w resistor connected to the 5 volt output on the expansion connector and the Volt 6 wire.

You would connect the Volt 6 wire to a switch that is connected to ground on the other side. In the software select Volt 6 as a GP Input. Then setup a Virtual Aux output as the switch input. If you send me your map, I will set this up for you.

Ray.

• 1 month later...
Guest |709|

What about if you want to add a switch and you do not have this expansion connector ?

I have his factory switch with 4 settings that normally controls headlight height. Simple switch that simply connects 1 wire to 4 seperate wires (4 settings) and 2 wires for illumination.

I would love to use this switch to switch between 2 maps, and 1 setting to active Launch control.

From what i read is that you can add resistors to each setting wire and make different voltages for each setting and program the system to recognise them and appoint them ?

Ray, could you give me a short walkthrough on how to do this ?

Guest |709|

Thanks Ray !

And i could add for a 3rd and 4rd different voltage aswell (in this example) right ?

Then i would have to program Vi-pec to look for these specific voltage and assign them to specific mappings ?

Guest |709|

Should there be a minimal voltage difference between 'settings' in order for the system to recognize them ?

For instance, is 1 volt difference enough (setting 1= 2.5 V 2=3.5 V 3=4.5 V).

Any tips on calculating the correct resistors ? ( I triend V=IxR) but somehow i cannot work it out in your example with the resistor connected to ground).