1UZ-FE wiring questions. Ignition. and Timing. LEM G3

Andrey Platkovskiy

Hi! I've got LEM G3. Started to do the wiring, now I got some questions. 1)In the manual it says that Trigger 1 have to be wired for Crank Angle Sensor and Trigger 2 for CamSensor. 1UZ got 2 cam sensors, can I just hook up crank angle sensor and 1 cam sensor to make it work ? 2)Using factory 1uz-fe igniters. What does coil-ve on the 1uz-fe ignitor wiring diagram means ? Ignition signal from ECU is the Link ecu Ign wire, right?So we got 2 separate ign wires for 2 igniters. The +12Ign in wire is the same as the big red wire for powering up the ecu The +14 In on the link ecu breakout loom? Thanks!

There are some 1UZFE wiring diagrams in the support section of the website that may be useful.  You can wire to either cam sensor but if you use the left one (left from drivers seat) you will be able to use the base map to just start the engine without changing the timing reference number.  Make sure you wire CAS and Cam sesnors with correct polarity.

Coil -ve means wire to the coil's negative terminal.

Do NOT wire the coils to the same power supply as the ECU.  follow figure 6.1 in the wriing manual EXACTLY when powering up the ECU.  The coils, igniters and injectors must have correct power source and fuses.  Coil+ must also have a supressor fitted, preferable one on each side since the wire lengths are long. 

It is absolutely essential the power and ground circuits are wired correctly.  They are the highest cause of technical issues and can result in some incredibly hard to find problems and backfeeding issues.

left is still left no matter which side you drive on

if you are standing in front of the engine looking at the crank pulley it will be the one on the right which is called the left if you where sitting in the car

Have you joined Inj1 and Inj2 drives out of the ECU???  I hope not!!!  You can pretty muchly chooose any four injectors and run them from drive 1 and the other four from Inj2.  DO NOT JOIN INJ1 AND INJ2.  If you only get four injectors running then you may have the wrong injection mode selected.  You should be running "Multi-point Group".  Staged injection is for applications where you bring in a second set of injectors at full power...  Use the Injector test function to make sure the four injectors wired to each drive click...