Crank angle sensor problem

Byron Gray

Will write a bit about my car and then some about the issue rb30det with r32 rb25de head (all fully rebuilt - 8.5 compression) gt3540 1.06 turbo on custom manifold - 3.5 inch exhaust with one muffler 700cc injectors with bosch 044pump Mitsi evo3 coils running in wasted spark with Link G3 LEM Anyway, my car makes 295kws on 14psi and then 304kws on 18psi. The tuner who tuned it seemed to think it could be a cam issue, however a friends setup has done 360kws on the same cams, head etc. The torque and power curves are almost identical, and the AFR looks the same as well so fueling isnt an issue. Further investigation on various forums has uncovered people having issues with teh cracnk angle sensor putting the timing out. The tuner didnt seem to think this was my problem, however what symptoms am i likely to have in that case? A mechanic friend who works at a dealership thinks the car would run like crap, but it runs great. Any ideas would be great. Cheers

• 5 weeks later...