Ford Capri & Cosworth V6 powered by V44

Guest |58|

When Ray Launched on the market V44 i got this project:

A Cosworth V6 2L9 24V engine used on Ford Scorpio and automatic gearbox powered by EEC V Ford ecu has been moved in Ford Capri body of 1985 and manual gearbox.

Original ecu cannot be used because of manual gearbox and old engine owner has not kept coded started key !

Ray confirm me that we can use his new V44 to power this engine, and order was done!

First step was to identify wires coming out new engine, then i built on Excel Installer I/O Table recommended by Ray ( if anybody need it, i'll send the file) to match original engine harness to V44 harness.

With Vi-PEC calibration software i built custom cal table for IAT & ECT old sensors, moved as well trigger 2 arming threshold to minimum to get the signal, and ............turning starting key to on....................and old engine started to wake up.

While moving trigger offset adjustment to get good synchronisation between trigger 1 and 2trigger, engine run smootly at iddle level.

Car owner came to our office and seeing his car engine running perfectly after 1 year of hard work to install this big block in capri's bonnet shed small tears over !

thank you Ray for this very good product !