Supra Project

Guest |201|

Well this is my 1989 Supra Turbo Targa Top. This car started life as a MA70 (7M-GTE) and has been though 7M (378whp), 1jz (550whp) and is now got a built 2jz. Car has gone though a lot of changes in its 9 years in my possession from stock to were it is now.

Car has been built as a good well balanced all round weekend fun car. I am looking at using it at Friday night ¼ mile street legal’s and the next day taking on a road course.

I have been fighting with the AEM EMS I was running for the last 3 years and lost an engine from an unknown “eventâ€. I finally gave up and sold it a few weeks ago. At the same time I ordered a ViPEC V88. I will be driving LS1 coils and running a 3 bar map sensor.

Look forward to this system being the end of my EMS woes. Should have the V88 here end of this week and then my good frend Bill is going to start with the wiring.

Supra3.jpg

Supra4.jpg

Fast1.JPG

Supra%20Build%20Body%20and%202jz%20swap%20178small.JPG

Jeremy

Low to mid 600's nothing crazy, built it to be a good all round setup.

Jeremy

Edit: A bit more about the car, its running a DBB T67 with a .68 A/R turbine, HKS 264 cams, CP .020 over pistons, Clevite 77 bearings, ARP everything, Ported head, Crower Valve springs and Ti retainers, 4" custom SS exhaust, 83lb simens inj, 24x 12x 4 intercooler, Twin 044 fuel pumps drawing from a 3L surge tank fed by a MKIV Denso pump and AEM Water Meth kit.

Well so far I have quite a list lol. Beyond the normal engine operation controle I will be doing the Water/Meth, boost control, Boost per gear, boost to pass button, Traction control, Flat shift, 2step and monitoring of oil temp, pressure and fuel pressure. I am also looking at running a Racepak or Aim sport dash later connected to the V88.

Some other things I would like to get set up is limp modes for low oil pressure, fuel pressure and Water/meth.

Just getting my shop cleaned up now wile I wait for the LS1 coils and a few other sensors and wiring components. Once the shop is cleaned and the parts arrive Bill will get started on the wiring and then tuning.

Jeremy

I received my ViPEC V88, what a nice unit. After years with the AEM floating around in my car (lack of mounting solution and size) I'm looking forward to this. The mounting solution looks great, the materials and quality look top notch. Thanks to Cam at Lightspeed for the fast shipping and great experience.

Should have the last of the shop cleaned up tonight and I think the wiring will start tomorrow.

:D

• 2 months later...

Well after a month & 1/2+ of one or two nights a week we powered up the V88 tonight. We tested all the Inj. and coils, set up all the sensors (working on crank angle).

I got to thank my good friend Bill for all the work on the custom harness and attention to detail. He is the best wiring guy I have met and to see him continually out do himself car after car is amazing.

We have both had fun working on it over the years and to see the light at the end of the tunnel is awesome!

In the next few days we will be taking the harness out for final heating of the heat shrink and install of a few connectors.

Should have some pictures soon.

Jeremy

Thanks John!

Thanks for the help with the triggers too!! Helped out a lot!

Bill and I started the car last night and started to tune it a bit. After about 20min we had it idling at a solid 800rpm with a 14 a/f and totally butter smooth! I can not believe how good this system runs a engine, with the AEM I always had a miss idling. The A/F is rock solid with the A/F changing no more than .1 +/- at idle with the o2 feed back tuned off. Seeing this thing run and control idle as well as it dose is mind boggling I am now firmly sold on this system.

We are going to get the last of the harness finished up and then take it out for some light road driving and to the dyno for load cell in the next week or two. :mrgreen:

Jeremy

Guest Marcel B
I received my ViPEC V88, what a nice unit. After years with the AEM floating around in my car (lack of mounting solution and size) I'm looking forward to this. The mounting solution looks great, the materials and quality look top notch. Thanks to Cam at Lightspeed for the fast shipping and great experience.

Should have the last of the shop cleaned up tonight and I think the wiring will start tomorrow.

:D

Are you saying that you got the mounting bracket with yours ???

• 1 month later...
Guest |201|
I was wondering? Did you need to use a HKS DLI with this ecu? just wondering.

No I have not, I have only run it at 11psi so far and had fuel flow problems so have not turned it up yet.

• 2 months later...
Guest |201|

Took it to the track a few weeks back and did a few runs at 11psi (365whp) was on my full street set up so had wheel hop problems.

I'm going to try and get Ray the speed sensor info for this car so I hope he can make this ViPEC work with it. Hope to have them set up so I can use the closed loop idle and launch control as well as traction control down the road.

I'm fighting with a fuel flow/pressure problem right now, I'm losing pressure at 13psi and 466whp. Hope to have that all sorted out in the next week or two.

Guest |201|
You got to do something with that CD/DVD player also... :)

Yeah that was funny, I'm replacing it with a new one, cant hear the music over the engine and the 044's anyways not sure why I am bothering lol.

• 5 months later...