ICS wiring, From V5 Wrx '6 wire' to v8 wrx '3 wire'.

Bart Oates

Hi all, I'm currently in the process of changing my 6 wire ISC stepper to a 3 wire ISC solenoid. My question is that I'm not sure on how to wire this in? I have found a lot of info on how to wire in a 3 wire ISC solenoid, but I checked the 'pin out functions diagram' on the V8 'plug in' ecu and it has only one aux out for the ISC solenoid. How has this been wired in? Where does the other wire go? Any help on this would be fantastic. Thanks Bart

Hi, I've recently done a similar conversion (v6 on V8 STI) so pinouts should be similar if not identical. 1) Set PClink Aux:6-8 to OFF (or else) 2) Set PClink Aux 5 to ISC Solenoid instead of ISC stepper. 3) Aux output:5 should be directed to the Green wire pin on 134-6 plug on ECU;this can be traced on pin 4 (F61 plug) as a 'white' wire, on your V5 engine harness, which runs (same color) on pin 3 on the ISC stepper plug. This wire should be connected to pin 1 on ISC solenoid. 4)Connect pin 3 to Ground and pin 2 to 12V+ (You can source the 12V+ supply from ISC stepper plug pins:2&5 (center pins). You're good to go from there! Rgds, George