Electrical Problem

Guest |257|

Guest |257|

Hi ray.. im instaling the v44 in my impreza 1.6 turbo.. i have the following issue:

Ive grounded the ecu as the manual says.. (one ground to the engine block, and another to a good chasis ground) and Ive powered the vipec with the original switched 12 V supply of the ecu of my impreza.. Ive succefully wired and tested all the auxiliary outputs and actuators.. but i have this problem:

when i connect to 12 V the 2 wire isc solenoid valve (witch is wired to the aux. output n° 4 maked as "isc solenoid" to work with PWM) the vipec powers the main relay wich actually powers the vi.pec...

to be more exactly.. is like when I swich the key to "OFF".. the 12V that passes throuw the isc solenoid coil and enters the vi.pec.. goes out throw the 14v+ in of the vipec and powers the relay... if i take out the aereal fuse of the vipec that problem goes out.. its like the vipec "links" that output with the 14v+ power supply.. i can turn the front lights and all the electric features as if the key was "ON".. and if i dissconect the 12V wire of the ISC solenoid the problem dissapears.. also the isc valve actually works and ive tested with the PWM mode at 20hz and works OK.. also this only happens when i use any auxiliary output.. it does not happen when i use the injectour outputs..(when i wire the injectors to 12V .. )..

Well.. im going to re.check the installation.. but its very strange!!

I can also wire the ISC valve with a switched 12v supply.. but my idea was to wire all the 12V actuators and the coils to a direct (with a fuse) to 12v Supply from the battery ...

well ..thats all! :) Thanks for the support!

Best Regards.. Bruno

Guest |257|

i know what you are saying.. but i thought that if i use the original Main Relay of my car... it would work correctly as the original ecu did..!

the thing is that the main relay "energize" when i put 12V in an auxiliary output... so i think that the solution is like you say.. put a custom relay for the ecu direct from the key.. or use the key to switch 12 v to the actuators so when ive turn the key off.. the actuators will not be powered...

i wrote that yesterday late at night and now ive read it !! im really sorry for my rubbish english!!!! i realy have to think twice to make me understand... more in this technical stuff.. :D

thanks a lot! 8-)

Guest |257|

well.. ive finally found the problem.. it was that the switched supply cable i was using was direct from the key and not from the main relay.. ive checked the manual and that was no the way to wire it.. (ex: fuel pump) ....

Best regards.. Bruno