Trigger and calibration problem..!

Guest |257|

Guest |257|

Hi guys.. me again!!

I finally wired the vipec v44 ecu... but i still can make the engine start..!

I will write basically hows configured my vipec.. so you can figure whats going on..!

The vipec44 sample file was loaded to the vipec for basic timing and fuel tables..

I have a 1.6 subaru turbo engine.. working with wasted spark (only subaru 6/7 theet time pulley, no cam sensor).. and group multipoint injection..

Inj 1 and inj 2 for the two injection channels... same the ignition (ign1 & ign2) ...

Both, injection and ignition tests work perfectly..

My problem starts when i need to choose the trigering mode.. first a saw the vipec99 plugin file.. there says that te trigering mode its subaru v1-6.. so i use that one..

with that mode the vipec doesnt show any engine speed.. that does not depend of the polarity of the reluctor sensor..

Then i tried the subaruv7-10 triggering mode and the engine tries to start (theres ignition and injection pulses) but the engine only give small explosions like if the firing and injector times where totally wrong..

Also ive tried switching to optical/hall sensor and no luck.. also ive tried changing the filtering mode.. and nothing happens..

But, the engine speed seems to have some logic becuase it oscilates between 200 and 800 rpm but not in a normal way ex: 0, 200, 800, 0, 200, 0, 800 rpm..

Ive wired the crankshaft sensor soldering the groundshields and the sensors ground... (also separated for testing) ive changed the polarity.. nothing happnes..

Also i have a big problem, i do not know how to make the trigger calibration in my car.. the manual says that you must do it.. i dont think thats the problem..

Well guys.. thats all.. im stuck so.. i will apreciate any help!..

bye!

The Vipec ECU will only work without a cam signal in these cases on a four cylinder engine.

1. The crank trigger wheel has two teeth. One of these needs to be at TDC.

2. The cam or distributor trigger wheel has four teeth. One of these needs to be at TDC.

3. The crank trigger has multi teeth with one or more missing teeth.

In all these cases the teeth must be evenly spaced.

If you have any other pattern, then a cam signal is required. Selecting Subaru v1-6 pattern, requires you to have the cam signal also.

Ray.

Guest |257|

thanks ray..!! so thats the problem!!

i tried all the afternoon with different modes.. etc and was starting to panic!! hahaha..

i will post a video when the engine starts!!

best regards.. bruno