Closed loop lambda

Brett Whinnen

Hi All, When running closed loop lambda in WB closed loop mode why does it keep running up to the FTrim limit even though it has exceeded the AFR target in the AFR Target table? For cruise I had a setting of 15.5 as the target (my engine is happy with this as long as I keep the timing in the right area) however when running the logging this morning I noticed that it was hunting during cruise, which usually indicates a overly lean mixture for the timing used. Looking at the logs I can see that it has hit the target relatively early (my maps are still not where I want them, close though) but kept on going up to the Ftrim limit of 30 that I had set, this ended up being about 19 - 20:1. Has anyone had similar problems? Latest firmware witha WRXLinkG4 (V5-V6 model). I have the Inovate LC-1 wired into AN4 (instead of the old OE NB sensor) and using a custom calibration table 0V = 7.35AFR and 5V = 22.39AFR (as specified in the LC-1 documentation). CLL settings are: WB Closed Loop FTrim +/- = 30 Gain Control = 2 AN Channel = AN 4 RPM Lockout Low = 1200 RPM Lockout High = 4000 MAP Lockout = 95 ECT Lockout = 80 Timer Lockout = 30 AN 4 setup as; Analog Volt #4 = Wideband Calibration = Cal 5 Cal 5: Output Units = AFR Input Value A = 0V Output Value A = 7.35 Input Value B = 5V Output Value B = 22.39 Thanks, Brett

I actually should have checked this before, but incorrectly assumed the firmware would be current, it wasn't it was 4.2.1, after updating to 4.3.6 last night I can say that CLL works perfectly now. Brings AFR to target and then will oscillate around the target. I can now even bring it down into the idle range and have it keep my AFR consistent at idle. Great work!