sr20det plug options problems

Guest |305|

Guest |305|

hi i just got my plug and play ecm from my dealer (short plug) and im not sure if this is the right ecu for my car because he has a s15 sr20det engine with a s14 engine harness and he ordered the short plug for his car and its not the right one......any ways i pluged mine in on my car and it fits(s13 with red top sr20det)and i know that my ecu plug is a s13 because i used a couple ecu to make sure they work so i could sell them and they were all s13 redtop sr20det ecm..... so what is the true ecu for my car(s13 sr20det short plug) and my friends s15 sr20det engine with s14 engine harness(long plug)

back to me installing it in my car it plugs up fine and i had problems with the iat install because i installed it the the three wire maff plug which the red is going to the white wire on my plug and the black is going to the black ground sensor signal wire and the setting are still not right ....... so i did all the nessesary steps for the start up and i had no spark so i just stopped right there and turned everthing off to check over stuff with everybody to make sure things are right with the ecu

thanks Richard

1-847-875-5143

chicago'illinous USA

Richard,

There are two plugin ECU for the four cylinder Nissan cars. I have asked all the dealers to measure the length of the connector before ordering, rather then ordering by car model. I sent Greg at G-Rally another plugin with the long connector for this car yesterday.

If you are installing the short connector version that was incorrectly ordered into your car. Does your engine have a distributor or multi coil. If it has a distributor I will need to send the correct map as the ECU comes with one for a multi coil engine.

For the air temp sensor using the MAF wires. You will need to move the AFM signal wire in Pin 16 to Pin 15 and then select Temp 2 as the input for air temp sensor.

Guest |305|

well my car is a s13 short plug sr20det jdm model with direct coil on plug with a can angle sensor and also i was checking the pinout on my ecu factory compared to the pinout of the ecu that greg got(short plug)and thats labeled for the s14/s15..... so i think i have to repin the harness for the ignition wires and a couple of sensors right?

thanks richard

Guest |273|

Ray

The second Nissan ECU (LONG) is a replacement for my shop car. I gave the SHORT one to my friend Rich to try it on his S13

His car is SR20 DET (JDM) and it has a short plug. His car has CAS and 4 coils and it running Japanese SR20DET ecu.

He is able to connect to the ECU but the car will not start

From what he tells me all the pins are the same except ignition pins on the ECU.

I requested more detailed information from him.

Thank You

Greg

G-Rally.com

Guest |273|

He swapped pins 2 and 3 to switch Ignition Signal # 2 with Tachometer Signal Output (Aux 2)

Also moved Pin8 to Pin5 for Ignition 3 and Pin9 to Pin25 for Ignition 4 but the car is still not starting

I asked him to do the Initial Setup and Trigger calibration again and I will report as soon as I hear from him unless you have other recommendations.

Thanks

Greg

The ECU is shipped with a map with the correct settings. You do not have to use the ECCS to setup the trigger. If you have used the ECCS search function, then there is a chance the setting will be changed. I have emailed Greg the original map that was in the ECU. I have asked him to load this and not change any settings.

If it does not start with the new map, then you need to take the car to Greg and get him to sort out the problem, as I cannot do it with the car on the other side of the world. Arms are not that long... :(

Ray.