Modified Mag Cover Car - Canadian Driftcar Build

Guest |202|

Guest |202|

Hey folks,

Thought you'd like to see another ViPEC car coming out of Canada. This car was build from the Chassis up by SG-Motorsport.com and tuned by me (U2NDyno.com), last night to the tune of 450rwhp and 390tq at 19psi.

Finishing off the cell...

briggsfuelcell01.jpg

Cleaning u some lines...

enginebaybrakelines01.jpg

Multi-link everywhere. Rear wells are tubbed and sealed.

rearsuspension01.jpg

Setting up brake lines, line lock and prop valve.

IMG_3159.jpg

Testing the body work...seems to fit.

davebriggs_09_driftcar022.jpg

davebriggs_09_driftcar029.jpg

Whole car is then wrapped.

s14wrap085.jpg

Outside for some fresh air...ready for the Toronto Auto Show. Car actually has no motor and interior is just "mocked up" for the show.

whiterimcamos14058.jpg

After the show, back to the shop to get finished. Building the IC end tanks

intercooler01.jpg

Engine back in, lines being run. Firesleeve applied....

engine01%7E0.jpg

Fuel system and pumps finished off. Feeder pump to swirl pot to Weldon...

swirlpot01.jpg

Interior back in including AIM Dash-to-V44 Integration

dash.jpg

The fun stuff...

switchbox.jpg

Wiring all finished up. V44 Universal, Painless Chassiss Harness. All run together and Raychem'd

wiring01.jpg

One of the dumbest ways to test if the linelock is working...do a burnout in the shop

burnout03.jpg

I'll add more pictures/media as it becomes available....the moral of the story is the car the run and performs well...thanks in part to ViPEC

Guest |245|

Very nice build! Some very good solutions I might have to add to my s14 in the next winter!

A few questions: What turbo are you running? How much DC on the injectors? 850cc sard, right? Fuel pressure? Fuel octane?

I have similar goals on my setup, so very curious about the background info.

Guest |202|
Very nice build! Some very good solutions I might have to add to my s14 in the next winter!

Thanks for the kind words man,

What turbo are you running?

That is a single-scroll GT3071R

How much DC on the injectors? 850cc sard, right? Fuel pressure? Fuel octane?

Not sure what DC, but theoretically we're nowhere near to maxing them. Yes, SARD 850cc...have had nothing but great results from them. Fuel pressure, standard 43psi, Car was tuned with Q16 - leaded race gas.

The tune on the car is very mild, and very safe only revving to 7,200rpm. We are heading to the track today to shakedown the car and just needed to get it going. The driver actually has another engine being build that should be rediculous. 11:1 compression, solid head, big cam.

Guest |245|

Wow thats very good! Great numbers for the 3071R too! I have a 3076 and was a bit worried about the injectors beeing a restriction, but this is really good news.

11:1? :o I run 9:1 and thought I was strange to up the compression, instead of lowering it like most people. When you go for solids, I wouldn't choose anything but Tomei, they are superb!

Great project guys, and dont forget to post results when the new engine is tuned! 8-)

• 5 months later...

Not sure how many of you guys read Modified Magazine but this car is the November Cover in their "World Issue". A decent little write up on the build, with good coverage for ViPEC.

For reference, I've also chatted with Modified about a ViPEC feature in an upcoming issue. It'll be a tech article as we build a V88 harness for an LS1 integration into a S14 chassis. Ray - you have any issue with that? Send me a note to info(at)U2NDyno.com if you need something specific highlighted.

briggs01.jpg

briggs02xs.jpg

briggs04xs.jpg

briggs03xs.jpg

briggs05xs.jpg