Need more help

Ray is working on my tuning problem , i should of told him about this as well , ever since we installed the new (then )software / firmware (4.7.1.804 ) , so i could run a AIM dash , i have been having problems with my unit when tuning ,it keeps kicking me off line , happens a lot when trying to save!!! , also will not give me my data logs , keeps saying the the logger is on , you have to open it 1 to 10 times then there your logs !!! also if you try to upload a map it does not take it .

The AIM dash works with the new software / firmware , but it does go off line when you have a PC connected and on my readouts of pressure , AFR and Temp. the decimal point is off by one place , so oil pressure is 55.7 it shows 5.57

I see that there is a new software / firmware ( 4.8.0.994 ) out that looks like it deals with these problems , but it says that it will only work on unit with a serial # higher then 10,000 , my serial # is 3268 !!!!

You cannot have the AIM dash and the PC connected at the same time. The AIM dash has to be disconnected at the ECU end of the cable and not at the dash end. If you leave the cable connected to the ECU, you will have software communications problems.

Ray.

You cannot have the AIM dash and the PC connected at the same time. The AIM dash has to be disconnected at the ECU end of the cable and not at the dash end. If you leave the cable connected to the ECU, you will have software communications problems.

Ray.

OK , let me see if i have this right ,With the way i have my AIM dash connect now thought the serial communication protocol (RS232 )---- when out tuning , every time i connect to the PC i have to disconnect the dash cable at the ECU end , OK then when finish with the PC i reconnect the dash , DO I HAVE TO UNPLUG MY PC CABLE FROM THE ECU END (USB PORT) TO HAVE THE DASH WORKING RIGHT ???? . ( the only problem i have with the dash is the decimal point is off in the pressure / temp. readouts )

I thought i have read in the post called " CAN COMMUNCATION " that with the new soft / firmware 4.8.0 i can connect my AIM dash up to ( CAN H - CAN L ) , so i can run conected to both the dash and my PC at the same time !!!!.

Only one device can be connected to the USB or RS232 ports. You cannot have dash on one and PC on the other.

If you use the CAN connection on the AIM dash rather then RS232, you can have the dash and the PC connected at the same time. To use the CAN the ECU will need to have a serial number above 10000 or have it sent to a dealer to be modified.

Ray.

Only one device can be connected to the USB or RS232 ports. You cannot have dash on one and PC on the other.

If you use the CAN connection on the AIM dash rather then RS232, you can have the dash and the PC connected at the same time. To use the CAN the ECU will need to have a serial number above 10000 or have it sent to a dealer to be modified.

Ray.

Thanks Ray , i unpluged the dash cable at the ECU and all went well with the PC , what has to be modified on the older units $$$$$$ ???