USB connection with no COMM port in device manager

Stuhagen

So I just tried connecting to the V88 with my new Win 7 laptop. In the device manager there is no provision or listings for "Com Ports". Does not exist. I plug the USB cable in and the laptop does not recognise any connections. Someone mentioned I need a "Virtual" USB ->Com" port software. Can someone shed some light on how to connect. I heard that FTDI software may work, but I am not sure if this is compatible.

Stu

Problem solved. Evidently my new laptop did not have the Com printer/LPI ports installed. So I added this into the devices/hardware settings. It now is seen in the device manager and I can now connect to the Vipec. I still get a yellow exclamation symbol in the device manager. But I can live with this. Claims there are no resources being used. (Although I did not look there once connected)

If this happens to anyone else, just go to windows add hardware wizard, search for Com and Port and hit install. Then it will be showing in the device manager. Also, do not install the USB drivers until after the com port has been installed.

Stu