m52 obd1 ign test not working

Camjt1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:25 PM, Adamw said:

Hence the note on our web page "This ECU only works with the Engine Code M50TUB25".  In the correct application this would plug straight in and start.  It is not easy trying to diagnose users wiring and config issues on a application we have no info on.  

The ecu is commanding fuel and dwell in the log so that is all that should be needed to run - or at least give some signs of life if fueling or timing are a long way off.   The starter fluid test really eliminates fuel concerns so assuming the engine is a known runner, then you really need to look closer at spark.  Timing is off, 360 out, spark is disappearing under cylinder pressure due to some wiring issue, or something along those lines.  

Thanks for your help!

Tracked down the problem to the spark plugs. I did use new ones but on the NGK spark plugs I got, the electrode is flush with the porcelain making the surface area small and the plugs being fouled from many start attempts just weren't creating the spark needed.

Replaced spark plugs with my old ones and it fired right up.