Second fuel pump controlled by vipec

07_wrex

Hi Simon,

I'm trying to run a second fuel pump with the vipec. I want it to turn on at 8-10 psi. Let's just say 140 kpa. I understand that the vipec will complete the ground to the relay powering the pump, thereby turning the pump on. I am having trouble defining the conditions correctly.

Is this correct if I set aux 7 to "fuel pump"?

Thanks,

Sean

post-1506-143450214726_thumb.jpg

Hi Sean,

you really only have to select 1 switch logic condition for your fuel pump control.

Leave your injector drive 5 set up as you have it GP OUTPUT,

Set switch logic to Cond 1

Switch cond = MAP greater than

MAP = 140

Unless you wish to use a second influencing switch condition.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks! I was making it too complicated. The ecu doesn't care that it's a fuel pump. I was trying to set it and then use all sorts of setting. haha. As far as the ecu is concerned, MAP goes above 140 kpa, it completes the connection to ground. The rest is wiring on my end. The Aux 7 pin (d22 for 2007 sti) to the switching ground on the relay, then 12v in and 12v/ground to pump. This should turn the relay on above 140 kpa.

Would you have any concerns running a fuel pump (ground switch) from AUX 7? This pump will be powered from the same source as the primary pump. It will be on a "boost-a-pump". I wouldn't think it would matter since I'm not asking the vipec to handle the volts/amps that the pump will require. Let me know if I am thinking correctly. Thanks.

Sean

Hi Sean,

use the AUX O/P to negative switch the coil of a control relay for the second pump.

Make sure that the positive feed of the relay coil is controlled via the ignition switch to eliminate back feeding to the ECU.

Are you running the boost a pump setup on both pumps or only the second pump.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Yes. The first pump is turned on with a relay through the vipec. The second pump uses the same 12v feed. Neither will have power unless the ignition is on.

I am using a boost a pump for both. It is on a Hobbs switch set to 3 psi. So the first pump will run normally until then. And the second pump will come online above 140 kpa.

Shooting for 38 ish psi on e85 so the fuel demands are pretty high.

Thanks,

Sean